Oh well, on to next week

RogerT

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Hope we get a few back, no disrespect to the massive effort of yesterday, for some reason or another we had almost a full 13 missing; Hall, Campbell, Buchanan, Broughton, Sanderson (not been on teamsheet at NWC for 2 weeks, injured?),Tonks. Kaye, Blagborough, Senior, Rettie, Flynn, Horn (why isn't he getting a start?). Just a centre and a scrum half and that's a starting 13. VERY important game this one, we need 2 points desperately.

Hall (groin) Campbell (hammy) Tonks (back) Kaye (shoulder) Bowman (Arm) Buchanan wasn’t fit either 

horn & Sanderson not good enough reittie is at Hunslet 

• 2 weeks later...

KTF how do we know Horn n Sanderson aren't good enough? You on the coaching staff? Why bring 'em in the 1st place if so? If we hadn't picked up Tom Gilmore, Sanderson would have been our no7, THEN we would have known if your assumption was correct or not. Rumours of TG leaving (always rumours!!) then throws up the dilemma of do we call Sanderson back and play him to find out or start looking elsewhere already?

40 minutes ago, phildog said:

KTF how do we know Horn n Sanderson aren't good enough? You on the coaching staff? Why bring 'em in the 1st place if so? If we hadn't picked up Tom Gilmore, Sanderson would have been our no7, THEN we would have known if your assumption was correct or not. Rumours of TG leaving (always rumours!!) then throws up the dilemma of do we call Sanderson back and play him to find out or start looking elsewhere already?

Because Horn wasn’t good enough for Swinton lions having watched their game when he was selected he was sent back by Stuart littler 

Sanderson not good enough for north wales suddenly he leaves they pick up a few results against the better teams 

where are the rumours TG is leaving? I was speaking to his family on Thursday at the rams - happiest he’s been playing rl he’s waiting on the meeting in August to hopefully stay within our club

Also at Rams match where I picked up the whisper that he may be going back to Widnes, I hope, as his sponsor, that I'm wrong but it's what Batley has to endure through doing well, also the rumour, confirmed by the man himself, that there is interest in Luke Hooley elsewhere and possibly Elliott Hall. 

44 minutes ago, phildog said:

Also at Rams match where I picked up the whisper that he may be going back to Widnes, I hope, as his sponsor, that I'm wrong but it's what Batley has to endure through doing well, also the rumour, confirmed by the man himself, that there is interest in Luke Hooley elsewhere and possibly Elliott Hall. 

We didn't have this problem when Matt Diskin was in charge

IMG_0583.JPG

We lost plenty from the 2010 NRC team when Rhino left, lost a couple after 2013 GF and JK took Keegs after 2016 top 3. We'll have to stop doing well....

3 hours ago, phildog said:

We lost plenty from the 2010 NRC team when Rhino left, lost a couple after 2013 GF and JK took Keegs after 2016 top 3. We'll have to stop doing well....

I can assure you that this doesn't stop your best players being poached.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived