Taking ten at a penalty

4 hours ago, billy the bison said:

Hunslet Warriors take ten on the touch line parallel to a main road. Hunslet Club Parkside have one touch line that runs parallel to busy dual carriageway.

Should have known, played at both many times in the Yorkshire Premier.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

18 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Wath Brow sometimes, Egremont when the cricket is on.

HW

No, Wath Brow all the time, 

On 04/07/2021 at 21:16, Marauder said:

Are there any NCL grounds where you take ten instead of kicking for touch  when awarded a penalty?

Lots of them .

Off the top of my head Leigh Miners St Pats Rose Bridge Saddleworth. -  anywhere with a nearby canal,  river , railway line,  busy roads or neighbours ' gardens.

Or even as in the cases of Underbank or St Annes ( I believe ) if  you play on top of a cliff edge.......

16 minutes ago, del capo said:

Lots of them .

Off the top of my head Leigh Miners St Pats Rose Bridge Saddleworth. -  anywhere with a nearby canal,  river , railway line,  busy roads or neighbours ' gardens.

Or even as in the cases of Underbank or St Annes ( I believe ) if  you play on top of a cliff edge.......

We wouldn't have to move grounds then, lol - We had a 6 foot palace rail fence put around our ground to stop dog walkers letting their dogs do the do, the person in charge at the time failed to have a gate put in the side nearest a row of houses who's occupants never grumbled about the ball going into their gardens, because of the distance someone now has to walk around we started to take 10, than was 6 or 7 years ago and it's now crept into both sides of the field.

If you only take ten at one side of a pitch then you don’t have to take 10 for a penalty on that side of the pitch as you always kick to the other non 10 touch line and get more distance 

1 hour ago, del capo said:

Lots of them .

Batley Boys when they play at Staincliffe although the potential for most damage is a goal kick at the main road end. Those 268 buses make a tempting target 

18 hours ago, LeeF said:

Batley Boys when they play at Staincliffe although the potential for most damage is a goal kick at the main road end. Those 268 buses make a tempting target 

Going to get the ball back dodging the traffic can be an experience as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived