Mon 5 Jul: SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/21 at 19:15

I think the big clear-out by Powell is justified. For whatever reason, there’s been a struggle for consistency in the team for a good few years now. There is a distinct lack of on-field leaders when things don’t go the team’s way. Hopefully Powell can bring a fresh mindset and find some gritty Captain of his own who can drive the team a bit when needed.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prior is immense, it's critical we try and renew him for next year to look after this young pack.

Great win by Leeds, they lost their way in the second half but showed a huge amount of grit to stick at it.

The forum overwhelmingly predicted a Warrington victory.  From the Radio 5L SE commentary, Warrington seemed to make too many errors, losing the ball at critical moments. Kevin Brown came over really well as the pundit. 

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm interested to see the stats here because we have made break after break after break and blown most of them. 

Lineham must have been involved in the majority of those blown half chances?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Do you not think that looking at the squads named Wire shouldn't comfortably beat that Leeds team? 

To me it is pretty obvious. They underperformed badly. 

Leeds are not as bad as their league position.

we’ve played like this for the last 4 games and bar a bad night at Hull KR we’ve been in every contest even a CC game against saints with two forwards as half backs.

3 minutes ago, The Frying Scotsman said:
20 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Arrogance?

Or just a lack of RL knowledge?

Do you not think that looking at the squads named Wire shouldn't comfortably beat that Leeds team? 

To me it is pretty obvious. They underperformed badly. 

If you look at those squads and think that then you haven't been paying enough attention to Leeds.

Lack of RL knowledge it is.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Some great predictions on here 

The bookies had Warrington 14 point favourites, not really a shocker that most peoplehad Warrington to win. FWIW I took Leeds +8.5 at 8/5, but was let down in the tennis for my double.

Leeds played very well in the first half, and then were able to withstand a lot in the second to hang on. I'm pleased with the result because it tightens everything up nicely at the top and means Hull keep right on Warrington's coat tails.

What awful commentary. What should have been an exciting finish was defused by Arthur saying ‘and that’s the only consolation that Warrington will get’ after Charnley scored his second try with a minute to go. I genuinely don’t think Arthur has any clue about the game in spite of commentating on it for years. So frustrating

1 minute ago, MZH said:

The bookies had Warrington 14 point favourites, not really a shocker that most peoplehad Warrington to win. FWIW I took Leeds +8.5 at 8/5, but was let down in the tennis for my double.

Was that a double fault?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

What’s happened to Ashton? Not heard about him for a while, is he injured? I was surprised to hear Wire linked with Dufty when they’ve got Ashton and Rashford. Can’t say I’ve seen anything from Thewlis to suggest he’s going to be a top player

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

What awful commentary. What should have been an exciting finish was defused by Arthur saying ‘and that’s the only consolation that Warrington will get’ after Charnley scored his second try with a minute to go. I genuinely don’t think Arthur has any clue about the game in spite of commentating on it for years. So frustrating

I thought it was fairly poor commentary throughout.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I'm still not totally sure what to make of Leeds. In pre season I had them on the edge of playoff contention and just couldn't understand why some people expected them to do so well. But since they got over some early season injuries they look a decent side. They have a very strong pack which will make them tough to beat. The halves and backline are still lacking though.

Depth is their problem, but if they stay fit we could have a really good playoff race on our hands.

Just now, DoubleD said:

Yes , but as we saw , with the rules as they are a team can stifle a last minute try if they are clever , and Leeds were clever 

Archived