Mon 5 Jul: SL: Warrington Wolves v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I don't get the 'should have destroyed them' comment? should have why?

Simply because they had so many opportunities to score but for some reason couldn't complete a set.  Don't get me wrong - the fact that they kept bombing everything means they didn't deserve to win the game but I think 9/10 they post a LOT of points in that second half, it was almost comical the various ways they found to turn over possession.

3 hours ago, FearTheVee said:

Simply because they had so many opportunities to score but for some reason couldn't complete a set.  Don't get me wrong - the fact that they kept bombing everything means they didn't deserve to win the game but I think 9/10 they post a LOT of points in that second half, it was almost comical the various ways they found to turn over possession.

don't forget that Leeds even when it looked hopeless found a way to get back with desperate defence rather than hands on hips when the balls gone past them 

11 hours ago, paul hicks said:

don't forget that Leeds even when it looked hopeless found a way to get back with desperate defence rather than hands on hips when the balls gone past them 

Leeds were certainly brave and massive respect to them and Agar fro that.  But they should have been put to the sword in that second half - yes their scramble was part of the reason but a much, much bigger reason was Wire losing the plot again and again and again and again and again in good positions.

41 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Leeds were certainly brave and massive respect to them and Agar fro that.  But they should have been put to the sword in that second half - yes their scramble was part of the reason but a much, much bigger reason was Wire losing the plot again and again and again and again and again in good positions.

Yep. Taking no credit from Leeds' efforts, but when the number of clean breaks is 10 vs 2, it is rare that the number of tries would be 3 apiece. 

The story of the game was blown chances, that are pretty rare from this Wire team who have been more ruthless recently. But Wires backs were cutting through that Leeds defence just like they have been other teams in recent weeks. 

22 hours ago, M j M said:

Anyway, Leeds play again, for the fourth time in twelve days (fifth in 14 for the rep players) on Friday night against the league leaders in the latest bout of scheduling insanity.

If Catalans' game hadn't been cancelled yesterday it would be a reasonable match-up I suppose but regrettably I think it's almost inconceivable Leeds can win that game and I'd be tempted just to rest as many as possible.

although not entirely related but a chance for me to shout out my frustrations...

the missus and I have tickets for the Catalan game but just yesterday got pinged due to being in contact with someone that tested positive and hence have to self-isolate for 7 days...

boo hoo

Archived