Toulouse away July 24th

Blind side johnny

I expect that the current state of Covid limitations will have given the club confidence that our forthcoming away game in Toulouse would be cancelled/postponed just like most other ones in the Championship have been up till now. However, news emerging about the possibility of our government lifting all restrictions on those returning from amber listed countries from July 19th onwards will now have placed this assumption in doubt. Could we be the first, even only, club to face Toulouse home and away this season?

I don't anticipate a victory for us over there, if we do play, so this could impact our percentage success/failure rate severely.

Oh deary me!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add to our woes, the Batley game on July 15th is the latest date that the RFL will agree to, depriving us of a much bigger gate, and hence income, than if it could have been played a few days later.

The Toulouse trip will cost the club many thousands of pounds - a cost that most other Championship clubs have already avoided. If we were to declare that we didn't have 17 fit players available then I wouldn't criticise the club at all, no matter what the sanction.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Just to add to our woes, the Batley game on July 15th is the latest date that the RFL will agree to, depriving us of a much bigger gate, and hence income, than if it could have been played a few days later.

Morons.  Little else to add except that it comes as no surprise at all.  
We might as well have stuck with the original date 😀😖

4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The Toulouse trip will cost the club many thousands of pounds - a cost that most other Championship clubs have already avoided. If we were to declare that we didn't have 17 fit players available then I wouldn't criticise the club at all,no matter what the sanction.

It would just be a 24 pt defeat ala london C$S and giants

1 hour ago, POR said:

It would just be a 24 pt defeat ala london C$S and giants

I believe that other sanctions are still being considered for London who simply refused to play.

3 hours ago, NickD said:

Morons.  Little else to add except that it comes as no surprise at all.  
We might as well have stuck with the original date 😀😖

A bit strong Nick. I should have said the only feasible remaining date unless the clubs agree to an extra midweek date.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I believe that other sanctions are still being considered for London who simply refused to play.

QUITE possibly BSJ but they made a song and dance about part time clubs not having  to go but we do Boo Hoo Hoo instead of  the club doctor writing a few covid sicknotes

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The Toulouse trip will cost the club many thousands of pounds - a cost that most other Championship clubs have already avoided. If we were to declare that we didn't have 17 fit players available then I wouldn't criticise the club at all, no matter what the sanction.

What a total farce at the moment. No way should the club be going to france .Look what's happened in cricket today. By  the way  i was in the main stand with a number of sheff. fans round me ,no body  had  face masks. i suggest the so called stewards should read what's on the tickets.

On 06/07/2021 at 10:40, Blind side johnny said:

The trip To toulouse will not cost anything. Toulouse pay for all the clubs coming. Welcome and have few beers whith me after match. 

4 minutes ago, PECETTO said:

The trip To toulouse will not cost anything. Toulouse pay for all the clubs coming. Welcome and have few beers whith me after match. 

If you will also pay for me to come then I would love to. Unfortunately I don't expect that to be the case.

There are costs to our club even if all travel and subsitence is covered - match fees, UK testing fees for returning players and other club disbursements. It is simply the fact that most other clubs in the league have avoided any such costs that grates with me.

There is no intent on my part for any disrespect towards the Toulouse club and its fans.

Take the 24 - 0

it could save you an extra 50 off your point diff 😉 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

53 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Take the 24 - 0

it could save you an extra 50 off your point diff 😉 

We'd all take 24-0 now.... 

Even batley would 

And certainly York

Who are apparently paying winning pay on 24-0 defeats 🤔🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

On current rules, all players would have to self-isolate on their return to the UK unless fully vaccinated,which most of  them won't be.

So unless that changes, I can't see that the Rams can be forced to travel.

Finn and Sykes will probably be fully vaccinated 😁

There is now a strong rumour that NO Championship clubs will be compelled to travel to Toulouse this season, given the large number of games already cancelled and the onerous requirements on those four clubs who were still scheduled to travel. I am sorry for Toulouse, still waiting to be able to use their new home but this does seem like a sensible solution all round and, of course, good news for us (and Batley).

5 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Oui. Toulouse aurait eu gagne par 60 ou 70 points. 

Yes. Toulouse would have won by 60 or 70 points.

Yes but what i like in rubgy league is To watch the match, not when he is cancelled. 80 minutes of pleasure and few beers whith my inglish friends.... 

At what point does the game decide this year has been a bit of a farce, and decides it would be unfair to promote or relegate teams at the end of the season? 

Assuming of course, that there will be 3 divisions to promote and relegate teams from and to next season.

8 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

At what point does the game decide this year has been a bit of a farce, and decides it would be unfair to promote or relegate teams at the end of the season? 

Assuming of course, that there will be 3 divisions to promote and relegate teams from and to next season.

THEY wont disregard the TO shenanigans by the end of the season all other teams will have played the sixteen games needed to justify a legitimate table

14 hours ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Match cancelled

funny you should say that went on beeb looking for FEV lions next fixture and lo and behold

Toulouse Olympique XIIICCDewsbury Rams

9 hours ago, PECETTO said:

Yes but what i like in rubgy league is To watch the match, not when he is cancelled. 80 minutes of pleasure and few beers whith my inglish friends.... 

We would have to self isolate for 10 days as would the players. And Toulouse 60/70 Rams 0 is not really a match. It would be 80 minutes of pain for Rams players and supporters.

Bon weekend

Archived