Danny Ward leaves London

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Hoping we can get him at Leigh, not many other FT head coaching opportunities going unless he opts for an assistant job at one of the top clubs.

I'd say the Leigh job might be lined up but it'd be a Fran Cummins style poisoned chalice.... I assume it would be agreed he would do the consolidation work the following year for another push

Hard to believe that this news would become public before the Broncos could make an announcement. 

A brilliant servant of the club. I hope he wasn't pushed but, there again, it matters little. The efficiency in winding down the coaching and playing staff numbers to zero, as well as the supporters, is faintly impressive.

2 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'd say the Leigh job might be lined up but it'd be a Fran Cummins style poisoned chalice.... I assume it would be agreed he would do the consolidation work the following year for another push

That would be my hope, i don't think any self respecting coach(certainly one of Wards calibre) is going to take the Leigh job without some good guarantees of a 2-3 year plan. Part of my hope for a coaching appointment like Ward would be some confirmation that Beaumont is thinking more than 1 season at a time.

Seen him described as a miracle worker and really, that’s probably right. He’s got a tune out of some inexperienced and young players, getting them promoted in Toronto and then nearly keeping them up. A lot of the infrastructure there was down to him too, I’m told. 

As for London, I'm starting to get worried we will even complete the season. Looks like DH might have thrown toys out of Pram again, for London to be beat by a part time team by 60 is probably the lowest the club has ever been, considering 2 years ago we beat Saints, Wigan etc.

6 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Seen him described as a miracle worker and really, that’s probably right. He’s got a tune out of some inexperienced and young players, getting them promoted in Toronto and then nearly keeping them up. A lot of the infrastructure there was down to him too I’m told. 

If you knew some of the stories from behind the scenes you'd appreciate just how great an influence he was and be interesting to see who replaces him, grasping at the poisoned chalice on offer.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

First Langley.Then Ward.

Sympathy to the supporters of London Broncos who seem to have been disgracefully ignored with information emanating out of that club.

Maybe the sport no longer needs a club in the capital to boost the media and press coverage.

Someone rescue the sport of rugby league,please.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Without having any inside information in terms of the relationship we have with Ealing right now, it was a huge mistake, plus putting up prices by over 200% and not having proper deals for kids / families as well just was nail on the head.

I would be surprised if they sold 50 Full Season tickets this year, in 2019 they probably had over 400 ST holders at least. This was how badly it was botched. The quality of the Squad is the worst its ever been for over 30 years.

What I will say is all the money in Sport (outside of football, which is global in reach) is in London, all the main media, and TV / streaming deals are based down here.  Let me put this another way, the world cup is in doubt right now. If this was the Union World cup having the same discussions it would be all over the sports pages and wall to wall on Sky Sports News, but nothing in the papers or sport channels about the fact it could be cancelled again. I've lived in the South for 20 years now, and most people around me have no idea a World cup is even happening this year, let alone it might not happen

13 minutes ago, crashmon said:

As for London, I'm starting to get worried we will even complete the season. Looks like DH might have thrown toys out of Pram again, for London to be beat by a part time team by 60 is probably the lowest the club has ever been, considering 2 years ago we beat Saints, Wigan etc.

I don't think the result on Saturday was the breaking point but it cant have helped.

I am convinced he has told Hughes and Milner and Loubser we need reinforcements or else we have no chance, and they have just ignored him, more intent on this  f&*%ing stupid move to Wimbledon.

As each passing day goes by I am becoming less interested in this club and this Wardy situation merely reinforces matters.

32 minutes ago, Damien said:

Not a good sign for London. 

But not a surprise though 

Expect to hear very soon 

- Plough Lane not happening 

-Hughes pulling out

-Broncos administration / wholly part time on a very shoe string budget /collapse

The 40 year project is nearly as old as me and is nearly dead

Already heard Miski is off to Wigan next season - not that he has done much.

So no squad and no backroom staff. 

Sad times - might as well call it a day and let Skolars take over.

37 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Hard to believe that this news would become public before the Broncos could make an announcement. 

A brilliant servant of the club. I hope he wasn't pushed but, there again, it matters little. The efficiency in winding down the coaching and playing staff numbers to zero, as well as the supporters, is faintly impressive.

Yeah I think I've realised it is kind of. I deliberately managed decline

Pretty sure Skolars will be the only semi pro side in the south this time next year

Archived