Danny Ward leaves London

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Inevitable BB, he has been far more than generous for a long time now, he has kept investing when those apart from a very few diehards "darn sarf" couldn't give a flying one if a RL club didn't exist in their locality, perhaps had there been some interest in the club by the locals they could be thriving now, if Mr Hughes does throw the towel in what then?

Mr Hughes and the management he has appointed have, over time,  jettisoned most of the interested locals who were once loyal supporters.

37 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Nice try but is there any evidence for this, or did you pluck that out of thin air? 

Clearly that will be under NDA. However we were told Wimbledon were approached by others. If true, and they didn't ask Broncos for a guaranteed sum once planning permission went through, they are daft.

Though if Broncos fold at the end of the season Dons won't get much out of the liquidation realistically.

3 minutes ago, Ivarr the Boneless said:

Clearly that will be under NDA. However we were told Wimbledon were approached by others. If true, and they didn't ask Broncos for a guaranteed sum once planning permission went through, they are daft.

It would certainly be daft for either party to sign a binding contract prior to planning permission being granted (it hasn’t). 

Hughes should have left years ago, and the Broncos May have stood a chance.

The only thing the Broncos have ever done well was their academy, and the likes of Rob Powell and the coaches who’ve been at the club over a number years can take plenty of credit for that.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Has it even been applied for yet?

Yes but, per MoK keeping an eye on the council meetings, hasn’t yet moved to being discussed at the full council. It does look like the earliest decision now would be mid August.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Hughes should have left years ago, and the Broncos May have stood a chance.

The only thing the Broncos have ever done well was their academy, and the likes of Rob Powell and the coaches who’ve been at the club over a number years can take plenty of credit for that.

He didn’t have to leave just be a far better judge of who to listen to.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Really does feel like the end doesn't it?

Yup. It’s done.

3 hours ago, Magic XIII said:

I wonder how the northern based clubs will supplement their academies once ours goes down the pan and with it, the vast opportunities presented by the greater London region; this at a time when the talent pool is reducing on the M62.

Yep lots of great young players may be moving north next year. At least they might be able to buy a house even if its cold 

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Inevitable BB, he has been far more than generous for a long time now, he has kept investing when those apart from a very few diehards "darn sarf" couldn't give a flying one if a RL club didn't exist in their locality, perhaps had there been some interest in the club by the locals they could be thriving now, if Mr Hughes does throw the towel in what then?

Yep I take my hat off to the man. He maintained my ability to watch SL a 45 minute drive away for years. 

Maybe it'll be OK but now more than ever I feel he will go. 

I've spent many an afternoon at New River stadium so maybe I'll settle for that a couple of times a month. Pubs in Wood Green not too bad either

I'm off to watch Broncos against York this weekend and may well get a rest of season ticket if they do one.... See out the last season

Yours 

Bedfordshire Skolar

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

It would certainly be daft for either party to sign a binding contract prior to planning permission being granted (it hasn’t). 

Are you suggesting the ownership and management of the club are not daft enough to do just that.. What evidence do you have that a contract has not been signed

Contrary to the Club's statement, Danny Ward's ex-teammate Barrie McDermott just stated at the Warrington - Leeds game that Danny Ward was sacked though Baz is not the most reliable source.

Appointing Tom Tsang as the interim head coach is not just underwhelming but perhaps a sign of winding down.  We are back in the 2013 scenario, with a World Cup supposedly taking place how will the London based media react if the only professional club south of Wakefield folds at the same time that the World Cup is about to start?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

12 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Are you suggesting the ownership and management of the club are not daft enough to do just that.. What evidence do you have that a contract has not been signed

Contrary to the Club's statement, Danny Ward's ex-teammate Barrie McDermott just stated at the Warrington - Leeds game that Danny Ward was sacked though Baz is not the most reliable source.

Appointing Tom Tsang as the interim head coach is not just underwhelming but perhaps a sign of winding down.  We are back in the 2013 scenario, with a World Cup supposedly taking place how will the London based media react if the only professional club south of Wakefield folds at the same time that the World Cup is about to start?

AFC Wimbledon hasn’t signed a  groundshare contract with the Broncos, that much I know. They’ve agreed heads of terms but nothing binding will be signed until permission is granted by Merton Council. 

I agree that there is a bit of a stench around the Broncos ATM but they are still looking good for the playoffs - just about. 

As for winding down/part-time, a big clue would be whether the Broncos are renewing contracts. I saw a list of off-contract players that showed virtually the entire squad - if they aren’t being renewed then you might be right. 

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Yeah I think I've realised it is kind of. I deliberately managed decline

Pretty sure Skolars will be the only semi pro side in the south this time next year

Isn’t there anyone who’d be interested in taking them over?

5 hours ago, Leonard said:

At least now London, Oxford, Hemel, All Golds, Toronto, Ottawa and NY are dead or cancelled, we can concentrate on Batley and Wakefield and really grow the game with the additional resources.

Should be a win win.

They could do a lot worse than learn from Batley how to progress and develop a club on relatively small crowds. 

Batley do grow the game, for example within the Asian community amongst others. 

Archived