Danny Ward leaves London

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

I'm not making anything up. Your allegation is idiotic and completely unfounded.

I live in the EU, and cannot watch it. It is geoblocked. 

So restricted to the places Sky broadcasts as I posted if you had bothered to actually read 

1 hour ago, BJW said:

Surely it's SKY who have blocked it? Same as you have to be 'inventive' if you want to watch their programmes outside of UK?

Don’t stop him from running his usual negative conspiracies by blinding him with logic

19 hours ago, Damien said:

A toxic brand isn't worth diddly squat though. London Broncos have obviously alienated a lot of people and made plenty of mistakes, I'm not sure what the value is there.

That doesn’t make them a toxic brand. We have a great history really in all the ( very difficult) circumstances.

15 hours ago, londonbronco said:

This is the part of the interview that sums up London Broncos current precarious state (edit - especially with the exit of Romain Navarrete to Toulouse)...

Brian Carney: Did you ever come across in all your time, and it's 14 years as a player and a coach, but particularly your time as a coach or a senior player, come across or be told about a strategic plan for London?

Danny Ward: No.

It's not just 14 years, it is 41 or 126 years depending how you want to count. The butchers, bakers and candlestick makers have never deemed London important enough for a strategic plan. Much better to spend your time on internecine warfare in a vacuum 

18 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

I realise this, RP. Fan engagement is poor.

This is where I see a role for fans. This is what AFC Wimbledon does https://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/news/2021/june/help-make-a-difference-for-the-homecoming-season/

I recently put the LBSA directly in contact with the key contact on the Dons Trust board to discuss such matters and last time I heard they were going to meet up. Hopefully something comes of it as it’s in both clubs’ interests for the groundshare to succeed.

Sorry, the point i was making was more about whether yet another move to another area is really the answer to anything. Is the ground/location hindering or helping or actually making any difference whatsoever and the problem is deeper (which is my opinion) and no matter where the club is its not going to attract people.

What is actually stopping people from turning up to matches?

Supporters clubs are great and they need to get that side sorted out, absolutely. The key though is they need to find out why some have stopped going with the move to Ealing (may have nowt to do with the ground). More than anything though its about why are other people NOT going, not why do people already go. They need to keep people there but thats not enough as to be a sustainable club they need to get more and more people and a move to Wimbledon is potentially not even part of the solution, and if it is its only a small part, to get people to see how "great" the new home is they have to go there first. If you cant fix that problem then they are screwed. 

55 minutes ago, RP London said:

Sorry, the point i was making was more about whether yet another move to another area is really the answer to anything. Is the ground/location hindering or helping or actually making any difference whatsoever and the problem is deeper (which is my opinion) and no matter where the club is its not going to attract people.

What is actually stopping people from turning up to matches?

Supporters clubs are great and they need to get that side sorted out, absolutely. The key though is they need to find out why some have stopped going with the move to Ealing (may have nowt to do with the ground). More than anything though its about why are other people NOT going, not why do people already go. They need to keep people there but thats not enough as to be a sustainable club they need to get more and more people and a move to Wimbledon is potentially not even part of the solution, and if it is its only a small part, to get people to see how "great" the new home is they have to go there first. If you cant fix that problem then they are screwed. 

99.99% of Londoners don't know the club exists, or if they do don't know where they play. Of the people who do know, most of them have had enough and walked away.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

4 hours ago, nadera78 said:

99.99% of Londoners don't know the club exists, or if they do don't know where they play. Of the people who do know, most of them have had enough and walked away.

yes.. that is definitely part of it without a doubt, but then once you get them to know, what is stopping them then... and so on.. 

1 minute ago, RP London said:

what is stopping them then

Here's the website: https://londonbroncosrl.com/

How many clicks, and easy is it, to find the date and buy a ticket for the next home match?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Here's the website: https://londonbroncosrl.com/

How many clicks, and easy is it, to find the date and buy a ticket for the next home match?

1 click to find the fixtures. 

2 to get to the ticket company.. then a search and there are the tickets.. 

not too difficult to be honest.. 

its almost the same paths to get to the same places on the eagles site, I'm not sure that would put me off buying a ticket

Just now, RP London said:

1 click to find the fixtures. 

2 to get to the ticket company.. then a search and there are the tickets.. 

not too difficult to be honest.. 

its almost the same paths to get to the same places on the eagles site, I'm not sure that would put me off buying a ticket

Now, I reckon you'd lose a lot of people at 2 there. If they're just casually interested.

It's certainly my experience that any time people leave the site you lose people and any time you have to additionally search you lose people. The Broncos need fans. It's not good enough to be 'alright' on the selling tickets part.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Now, I reckon you'd lose a lot of people at 2 there. If they're just casually interested.

It's certainly my experience that any time people leave the site you lose people and any time you have to additionally search you lose people. The Broncos need fans. It's not good enough to be 'alright' on the selling tickets part.

Honestly i didnt find it hard at all.. perhaps a link straight from the fixture to the tickets, but if they need a 3rd party to run that side of it its not so easy.. Just been quickly scanning through other sites (including SWFC and some other football ones) and they are about the same for getting the tickets. 

Obviously it could be better (as so many things could) but as a customer journey goes it is about the same as many others.

To be fair I was expecting a proper maze but it really wasnt.

edit; in fact i had a worse experience trying to buy tickets for some of the big london theatres or concerts at arenas.. which can be painful experiences. it was really quite easy compared to some of those. 

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

edit; in fact i had a worse experience trying to buy tickets for some of the big london theatres or concerts at arenas.. which can be painful experiences. it was really quite easy compared to some of those. 

It has improved (the Broncos one that is) from the start of the season where it went from not being actually possible to being the riddle of the sphinx.

I don't think it's very good at all. The non league clubs I buy advance tickets from are a smoother experience.

You are right about some venues though. They can be weirdly awful.

(In contrast, buying for the Women's Euros yesterdays was, even with queues and waiting rooms, about the most straightforward buying experience I can remember for a sporting event. Maybe, my look at London is somewhat tinged by that.)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It has improved (the Broncos one that is) from the start of the season where it went from not being actually possible to being the riddle of the sphinx.

I don't think it's very good at all. The non league clubs I buy advance tickets from are a smoother experience.

You are right about some venues though. They can be weirdly awful.

(In contrast, buying for the Women's Euros yesterdays was, even with queues and waiting rooms, about the most straightforward buying experience I can remember for a sporting event. Maybe, my look at London is somewhat tinged by that.)

it can easily be tinged by the last experience you had. My last one was trying to use a voucher for a london theatre that i was supposed to go to last May, decided to take the voucher rather than the refund last year. It would have been 900 million times easier if i had just paid with a credit card when i rebooked yesterday... utter pain in the backside to try and use the voucher!

On 13/07/2021 at 23:42, The Frying Scotsman said:

It's not a Sky programme though.... It is website content. They have no legal requirement to block it, but choose to. 

May well be website content but surely as owners they have the right to decide where it is available? Same as when you go on You Tube and find some content unavailable in certain locations.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 14/07/2021 at 17:00, gingerjon said:

Couldn't believe how quick that process was. 10/10. Great value too - £30 for a family of four to go to a game at Brentford.

38 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Wimbledon move announced. Strange to keep going with it. 

Now the tennis has finished there isn't much going on there. Centre Court capacity is good at 15k and, despite concerns, the pitch will have bigger dimensions than Odsal. Catering is bloody amazing too!

Archived