2 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Has anyone been able to find a roster for DC for the game today?  Tried their website,  twitter, and Facebook,  and didn't see anything.  Doesn't seem like it should be that hard to find...

Rosters were posted, on the Toronto Wolfpack Facebook page.

I've also included it in the game page/poll I've just created in the General forum, and in-line below:

242373219_4266364400156819_3954059035804734867_n-min(1).jpg.fb3fb06c15366c73d53a29240f4641b1.jpg

1 hour ago, Big Picture said:

The match is on Youtube now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sDI7UHjZX0.

You haven't complained about the pitch markings - are you okay?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Big Picture said:

The match is on Youtube now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sDI7UHjZX0.

This is a really entertaining game. Far better than when the Wolfpack team was full of English complete your sets/get to your kick merchants. Plenty of ball movement, players looking for offloads, lots of breaks and half breaks, long-range kick-return try. This is the way to go. Forget the RFL.

Good to see scrums adding variety. Both teams even tried to get a shove on a few times.

Officials were a bit too keen to see forward passes and knock-ons. And the ref needs to look at his management of the ruck. There wasn`t much advantage to finding your front with all the flopping in that went unpunished.

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The PTBs were a mixed bag. Better than UK, but still some shockers.

And before you ask - I`m very well. Mustn`t grumble.

I'm chuffed this game went ahead and in front of a healthy crowd.

I just hope they can keep it going, keep it growing and help the NARL get off the ground.

I think the Northern Hemispheres best hope is in the USA

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

I think the Northern Hemispheres best hope is in the USA

Serious question: You don`t think that France might be the saviour of English and therefore NH Rugby League ?

3 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Serious question: You don`t think that France might be the saviour of English and therefore NH Rugby League ?

Yes they will have a huge part to play. I'm really pleased with the 2025 World Cup bid, I hope that comes off successfully.

I'm also encouraged by the involvement of Trent Robinson and the recent success of both French clubs.

I hope Toulouse get promoted.

I'd personally like to see the Super League continue to expand as a bona fide European Super League and see the involvement of the 2 French clubs as the first step towards that.

Hopefully their emergence will see the French National team becoming more competitive on the World stage.

Having said all that, I'm really excited about what's happening in the America's and I know it's a long term project but it would be great to see a growth spurt over there.

It has the potential to provide more (interesting) International competition in the N.H.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/09/2021 at 14:21, Futtocks said:

I'm fine thanks.  In case you didn't know, Lamport Stadium was built for community sport, not for professional sport.  Many community sports groups share the stadium, that's why it has the markings for a few different sports.  That's not at all the same as stadiums used by British RL clubs where the failure to mark fields correctly is probably due to things like laziness or penny pinching.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived