London away

spanishknight

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attack looked a bit better in the first half. 9 times out of 10 when Jubb was dragged over the touch line that would be given as held, 9/10 Perry scores that and 9/10 Bass takes that free flowing play pass and possibly scores. Really fine margins.

Need a huge effort in defence though. 

Pitiful defence. We can’t keep blaming referees, negative/unreal fans, no halfbacks, injuries. Just look at how London are defending like their lives depend on it even though they are 34 points up.

That was just embarrassing.  Trounced by a club in alleged disarray who have just lost their coach.  A team we beat pretty easily at the start of the season (okay, so they had no Sammut then).  The playing roster needs a massive overhaul. Let's hope we manage to cling on to Championship status. 

What gets me is that like a lot I know who use this board and others that don’t have supported York through their lifetime. They’ve been there week in, week out, through thin and thinner in most cases. 
We all back the boys that take the field in a York shirt. We love the club, it’s in the blood. 
Sure most like me have bought season tickets for decades, bought the shirts, training gear, done the club lotto, bought the golden gamble tickets, programmes, happy to be a patron and see your money happily used by the club with the COVID season etc but soon as you have a slight knocking of the club people come out and say you’re not a real fan? 
Well over the years I hate to think of all the money if spent following the club, home, away and abroad on a couple of occasions.
Would I do it all again and still spend all that money knowing the team has never been the best? 
Yes, in a heartbeat. I don’t have to not air a negative opinion to be a true fan. 
Let’s face facts, I’d love this current squad to be spanking sides every game but we ain’t that good are we? The table doesn’t lie. 

Will all us opinionated sorts still be there next home game or there in three years time at a wet Spotlands on a Sunday or Tuesday night like we have in the past? Yes, sure most of us will be. Be it a successful side or the usual underwhelming team we see most seasons. 

Just like most on here, I’m proud of the club, win, lose or draw be it relegation or promotion or even champions one day maybe. We all have an opinion, I for one thing it’s reasonable to air good and bad thoughts. I’ve changed holiday plans to come home early to see games, paid people to cover shifts,planned holidays around games and YES, I’d do all that again.

York and proud. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

6 minutes ago, White Knight said:

Conceded 50 by a team who conceded over 60 last week. Fev will be rubbing their hands in glee at the thought of next week.

Rugby League doesn't work like that. Fev conceded 60 + in two home games against Sheffield and Halifax in 2012 and then spanked Super League Cas in the cup. I'm proud of Fev and you lot should be proud of York from where you've come from. It's hard to maintain the challenges in the championship. You were always going to have a slide. Stick to your team cos next week is something different.

We made some shocking mistakes today, Perry had a nightmare first half, but for me the real problem is we are so stereotyped. When Marsh doesn't play we don't have a full back. Not picking on Dixon, but where was he when London went the length of the field to score? We need Cuthbertson to make some space and pass out of the tackle, too many of our forwards seem quite happy to die with the ball. And I hope Brining is fit for next week, his darting runs from acting half back often put  the Knights on the front foot.

We are certainly up against it next week, but on the day it is 13 against 13 at any given time, and with a bit of luck, who knows what may happen?

33 minutes ago, Shadow45 said:

Nah, we've got that Coolie lad to come here to do his gloating/fishing to look forward too 

Lol well I'd hate to disappoint

Was the game played at Lords?? 

Another half century rattled up 

At what point do you chant

"what a waste of money"?? 

Looking forward to Tuesday rip off Britain..... 🤔

To see all the York fans wanting their money back 🤣💷🤣💷🤣💷🤣💷🤣💷🤣💷🤣💷🤣💷🤣💷🤣🤔

1 minute ago, coolie said:

Lol well I'd hate to disappoint

Was the game played at Lords?? 

Another half century rattled up 

At what point do you chant