London away

spanishknight

47 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Did Dewsbury win?.

Nope

We did fractionally better than you did last week

Saving grace is

We ain't blown over 400k on a team that's 3rd off the bottom and shipping points in for fun

And living on loan players

🤔🤣🤣

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Andy Knight said:

What gets me is that like a lot I know who use this board and others that don’t have supported York through their lifetime. They’ve been there week in, week out, through thin and thinner in most cases. 
We all back the boys that take the field in a York shirt. We love the club, it’s in the blood. 
Sure most like me have bought season tickets for decades, bought the shirts, training gear, done the club lotto, bought the golden gamble tickets, programmes etc but soon as you have a slight knocking of the club people come out and say you’re not a real fan? 
Well over the years I hate to think of all the money if spent following the club, home, away and abroad on a couple of occasions.
Would I do it all again and still spend all that money knowing the team has never been the best? 
Yes, in a heartbeat. I don’t have to not air a negative opinion to be a true fan. 
Let’s face facts, I’d love this current squad to be spanking sides every game but we ain’t that good are we? The table doesn’t lie. 

Will all us opinionated sorts still be there next home game or there in three years time at a wet Spotlands on a Sunday or Tuesday night like we have in the past? Yes, sure most of us will be. Be it a successful side or the usual underwhelming team we see most seasons. 

Just like most on here, I’m proud of the club, win, lose or draw be it relegation or promotion or even champions one day maybe. We all have an opinion, I for one thing it’s reasonable to air good and bad thoughts. I’ve changed holiday plans to come home early to see games, paid people to cover shifts,planned holidays around games and YES, I’d do all that again.

York and proud. 

Stop bloody preaching , THIS York side are clueless and if the rot is not stopped we will be back in league 1 next season. Ford will probably get his Wembley day and then it is an interview without coffee.

You’ve missed my point. I’ve said we are terrible and I’m saying we should all be aloud to have a go, good or bad as we pay our money. This current side is awful and an embarrassment. Things need to change. 

But like the last 45 years I’ll still turnout week after week. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

3 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Stop bloody preaching , THIS York side are clueless and if the rot is not stopped we will be back in league 1 next season. Ford will probably get his Wembley day and then it is an interview without coffee.

I think his post was the opposite of preaching? Saying he’s being accused of not being a real fan for airing his disappointment doesn’t seem preachy to me.

10 minutes ago, YCKonstantine said:

I think his post was the opposite of preaching? Saying he’s being accused of not being a real fan for airing his disappointment doesn’t seem preachy to me.

Exactly that. I’ve been called out as not been a real fan…ironically by someone who’s been watching three years. Nothing wrong with a new fan base, just the opposite, it proves the club is selling its product well and I hope most newbies stick with the club through good and bad

I’ve seen the club die twice, seen us hammered at the likes of Rochdale Big Mick Nanyn scoring 5 or six that day, seeing us get smashed by 90 at Widnes with Phil Cantillon scoring six (I think). Seeing us get beat when been the Wasps at Gateshead Thunder when they’d not won in a year and a half by 50 points and stood at Ryedale Staduim/Huntington Stadium with 200 diehards there. 

I’m saying we do love the club and support it by sticking with it over all them years.  

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Today I watched an average London team score 50 points. I'm not wishing to insult them by calling them average but they've lost so many good players over the last year or so that they are a shadow of the side that battled to stay in super league. They have had to contend with  considerable adversity through injuries and now the loss of their highly respected coach. Because of all this the best thing that could have happened to them as a club was to play a poor side like Swinton or Oldham today to get back on the horse.

Oh yes, nearly forgot. There was another "team" on that pitch today. 

As a fan of York RL for a mere 48 years, I echo all that has been said on here about supporting the team through thick and thin, and believe you me there has been some thin. I remember watching York at Blackpool Borough when we had to borrow a player because we didn't have 4 subs for the bench.

The problem will be that new supporters are not attracted to a losing team, then the luke warm fans stop coming, and before you know it were back to the diehards again, and all the good work of the last few years is down the pan

Well that was what I expected , just so disappointing the manner of that defeat , anyway will enjoy our day out at Wembley , then back to this mess , need to and should beat swinton the week after and maybe scrape another win or two , then it's on to next season thankfully , who knows who will be playing or coaching for us . up the fantastic kneets😀😀😀

Today was extremely disappointing and unfortunately another lethargic display to add to the list. I think it was summed up when Baldy threw the offload and players just looked at it and London went up the other end and scored.

As a club we have come a long way in these last few years to where we are now and maybe the idea of getting into superleague this year has over raised our expectations of York I don’t know if the ex super league players coming in were told we would get the place and then when we didn’t have thrown the teddy out. There was always going to be bumps in the road but it’s how York handle it as a club but I believe we have the right people at the top.

This league is a very tough league with teams who have been in the championship many years there are no  easy wins and let’s be truthful we struggled against a 12 man Oldham in the first half and when we played Swinton in the semi final in my opinion they played the better rugby moving the ball around a lot better.

I hope when we get next week over with we can beat Swinton get some confidence back into the side and hopefully get on a run and regroup for next season and hopefully learn from the mistakes of this year. I know injuries in key positions have played a massive part but this happens to every club as it is a contact sport.

The new fans probably won’t have seen a run like this were we don’t win but I can assure them it’s nothing new we have seen it all before and will see it again it’s part of supporting York yes we are a frustrated but let’s just enjoy our day at Wembley hope fev go easy on us 🤣🤣 but miracles do happen you never know it might be part of Fordys plan to lull fev into thinking they only have to turn up to beat us.

1 hour ago, Andy Knight said:

Exactly that. I’ve been called out as not been a real fan…ironically by someone who’s been watching three years. Nothing wrong with a new fan base, just the opposite, it proves the club is selling its product well and I hope most newbies stick with the club through good and bad

I’ve seen the club die twice, seen us hammered at the likes of Rochdale Big Mick Nanyn scoring 5 or six that day, seeing us get smashed by 90 at Widnes with Phil Cantillon scoring six (I think). Seeing us get beat when been the Wasps at Gateshead Thunder when they’d not won in a year and a half by 50 points and stood at Ryedale Staduim/Huntington Stadium with 200 diehards there. 

I’m saying we do love the club and support it by sticking with it over all them years.  

and stuffing the all conquering Wolfpack at Bootham Crescent in 2017.  I recall talking to James Ford at Lamport stadium after the July 1st game when we had just clobbered you despite DFJ's hat trick and he said to me "that's fine but I reckon we will have you at home" which of course I dismissed but his prediction was correct. Hopefully the team that did the business for him then will show up before season end. 

6 hours ago, Andy Knight said:

You’ve missed my point. I’ve said we are terrible and I’m saying we should all be aloud to have a go, good or bad as we pay our money. This current side is awful and an embarrassment. Things need to change. 

But like the last 45 years I’ll still turnout week after week. 

No I have not , plenty on here have seen bad times at the club , being called non fans etc , it does not help so stop carping on.

17 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Well that was what I expected , just so disappointing the manner of that defeat , anyway will enjoy our day out at Wembley , then back to this mess , need to and should beat swinton the week after and maybe scrape another win or two , then it's on to next season thankfully , who knows who will be playing or coaching for us . up the fantastic kneets😀😀😀

What makes you think you should beat Swinton.  No game is a given as York have found out. At the beginning of the season quite a few games that York lost most probably are " we should beat them " and it's turning out to be a disappointing season. 

46 minutes ago, Dog forever said:

What makes you think you should beat Swinton.  No game is a given as York have found out. At the beginning of the season quite a few games that York lost most probably are " we should beat them " and it's turning out to be a disappointing season. 

Correct 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, Dog forever said:

You're right , but swinton are rock bottom and we have already beaten them twice which does give me hope😀😀😀

7 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

You're right , but swinton are rock bottom and we have already beaten them twice which does give me hope😀😀😀

Doesn't matter that Swinton are rock bottom and we have beaten them twice already this season,the way we are playing at the moment some team's from league one would fancy beating us didn't listen to the game yesterday but did listen to Andy interviewing Fordy and if players are coming of the park at the end of the game shrugging their shoulders as don't seem to bothered about losing a game Fordy needs to either drop them or get rid.The bigger game is not this weekend,but the following week against Swinton and i wouldn't be risking any key players this weekend with any knocks or any coming back from injury

1 hour ago, Puk said:

Doesn't matter that Swinton are rock bottom and we have beaten them twice already this season,the way we are playing at the moment some team's from league one would fancy beating us didn't listen to the game yesterday but did listen to Andy interviewing Fordy and if players are coming of the park at the end of the game shrugging their shoulders as don't seem to bothered about losing a game Fordy needs to either drop them or get rid.The bigger game is not this weekend,but the following week against Swinton and i wouldn't be risking any key players this weekend with any knocks or any coming back from injury

Must agree with you puk.  Can't see York turning over fev. The swinton game is much much more important. 

Archived