Match Thread: Championship Round 13, Widnes v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-11th-July-2021

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I'm still very worried about those French fellas. Every time I see them they look so much better than any Toulouse team I've seen before.

Not saying we can't do 'em, mind.

Don’t get me wrong here since I think Toulouse are a very good side (based on the limited amount that I have seen of them). However at this point in time they have not played any team that has put them under pressure. The only top 6 side they have played is Fax and at that time Fax were just not as good as they have been since, even then in the second half Fax gave them a game.

I just feel that once they are under pressure that they may be found out. Roll on Yorkshire day I can’t wait.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Don’t get me wrong here since I think Toulouse are a very good side (based on the limited amount that I have seen of them). However at this point in time they have not played any team that has put them under pressure. The only top 6 side they have played is Fax and at that time Fax were just not as good as they have been since, even then in the second half Fax gave them a game.

I just feel that once they are under pressure that they may be found out. Roll on Yorkshire day I can’t wait.

Yes absolutely thats the question mark about them. Put them in front of a full house at Post Office Road and let's see what they're made of.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

FAX beat them 24-10 in 2nd half

21 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Ok.

So I want DC7 at fullback at Widnes, Daggsy on the wing, Hall & Hardcase at centre.

Then, at Wembley, DC7 at fullback again, Hall to the wing, Hlaton at centre.

Job's a good 'un.

Agree MLP with Tom H in the halves the  the outside backs pick themselves on sunday 

picking a team for  WEMBERLEY !!!!!!  be interesting to see who's available for webbo's squad🤣

So the usual 19-man squad conundrum is up on the RFL website. https://www.rugby-league.com/match-centre/match-preview/20161 with the customary two men missing.

If the usual alphabetical order rule holds, it means that Lockwood and Halton are both still out, which is a concern, especially Lockwood, who has already missed three games in a row.

If the alphabetical order rule holds true the two missing names are going to come after Parata in the alphabet. You'd think Spence will be one of the names, but I'm struggling for the other - my guess is Sweeting may have been recalled from York (he doesn't appear to be in their squad).

My tentative guess at the 17 would be:
Chisholm
Gale
Hardcastle
Hall
Dagger
Holmes
Brown
Kopczak
Jones
Harrison
Ferres
Moors
Ferguson
subs:
Parata
Cooper
Davies
Field

Widnes look to have a couple of injured players returning to their squad so we will need to play well.

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Joe Summers is the name I was missing, think this is his first appearance in a 21-man squad list.

https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1413519906444824578

PH  no Frankie H or James L again but the inclusion of Dale F and Joe S who's injury made him a figment of our imagination for the last four months our lord lucan gives us another interesting squad

No mention of injury to Frankie so reading between the lines looks like  he's being rested to impersonate Tom M at WEMBERLEY 

17 minutes ago, POR said:

PH  no Frankie H or James L again but the inclusion of Dale F and Joe S who's injury made him a figment of our imagination for the last four months our lord lucan gives us another interesting squad

No mention of injury to Frankie so reading between the lines looks like  he's being rested to impersonate Tom M at WEMBERLEY 

Minnsy's only broken his fibula. Get some strapping on it and play ya big tart!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hopes he recovers soon and gets fit for t'play offs

3 minutes ago, haskey said:

Still no news on Welham I wonder why.. If he left the club surely the speccies should be told

Apparently he's injured, although it was reported that he was in the stand at Dewsbury.

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

35 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Missing Lockwood and Halton is a spanner in the works. I'd like to see both players  at Wembley for different reasons. 

Perhaps there's a spot for Fergie at Widnes?

Uh oh. Halton just said on his Twitter that he's going to miss Wembley, it's clearly Covid-related as he talks about having done his 10 days tomorrow but still has to miss the Wembley game.

A big blow to our chances for sure, but also there's a much bigger picture there, are any of the 4 teams involved going to struggle even to raise a team?

16 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Uh oh. Halton just said on his Twitter that he's going to miss Wembley, it's clearly Covid-related as he talks about having done his 10 days tomorrow but still has to miss the Wembley game.

A big blow to our chances for sure, but also there's a much bigger picture there, are any of the 4 teams involved going to struggle even to raise a team?

Can't get my head round your post PH all we hear is if you have symptoms  have contact or  you get track and trace  need to SELF ISOLATE and after 10 days isolation  you can go back to work  but Frankie can't definitely an intriguing turn of events

5 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yeah, seen that. Damn shame for the lad. 

With Dagger also cup-tied, our Wembley backline looks one short now. Call up for Doyle? Can't really see any other second rower at centre tbh

5 hours ago, POR said:

Can't get my head round your post PH all we hear is if you have symptoms  have contact or  you get track and trace  need to SELF ISOLATE and after 10 days isolation  you can go back to work  but Frankie can't definitely an intriguing turn of events

Not really. There is a 7 day back-to-play protocol which starts when self isolation finishes. Hence........

9 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Yeah, seen that. Damn shame for the lad. 

With Dagger also cup-tied, our Wembley backline looks one short now. Call up for Doyle? Can't really see any other second rower at centre tbh

If not we may have to play Conner at centre which would be a real waste.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

On 07/07/2021 at 23:21, POR said:

FAX beat them 24-10 in 2nd half

They where missing 8 players that day including 5 in the backline. And then loose 2 in the first 5 minutes. Finishing the match whith a pilier and a locker at center and Wing. 

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Joe Summers has a good reputation. Where has he been?

Injured. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

15 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

So is he fit and ready to play?

Presumably, given he's named in the squad. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

3 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Presumably, given he's named in the squad. 

We have had cripples named in the squad recently.But whats the use of having younger players in the squad if you don't give them a game.It's going to be tough this afternoon and i would settle for a 1 point win.

Archived