Match Thread: Championship Round 13, Widnes v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-11th-July-2021

20 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We have had cripples named in the squad recently.But whats the use of having younger players in the squad if you don't give them a game.

True. I'd have thought it unlikely that we'd name a potential debutant when injured though. 

I'd agree about this afternoon; a win and no injuries will suffice. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So both starting line-ups named.

The big news for us is that Tom Holmes is still absent, as is Dale Ferguson.

That means Dagger continues at full back, and John Davies moves to centre. Am pretty sure it's the first time he has played there for us but he did fill in at half back once at London (and also played half back for Batley) and given our situation he's probably the best candidate, as edge back row isn't that far removed from centre.

Jimmy Beckett gets a run out from the bench in a team that is a long way from full strength.

Widnes however are also missing a few with Clough and Farnworth still out along with Spedding, all of whom played very well against us in the 1895 Cup.

A very difficult game to predict.

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

So both starting line-ups named.

The big news for us is that Tom Holmes is still absent, as is Dale Ferguson.

That means Dagger continues at full back, and John Davies moves to centre. Am pretty sure it's the first time he has played there for us but he did fill in at half back once at London (and also played half back for Batley) and given our situation he's probably the best candidate, as edge back row isn't that far removed from centre.

Jimmy Beckett gets a run out from the bench in a team that is a long way from full strength.

Widnes however are also missing a few with Clough and Farnworth still out along with Spedding, all of whom played veyr well against us in the 1895 Cup.

A very difficult game to predict.

50/50 game no problem with John Davies at centre,good passer and he often defends in the inside centre position.Only drawback on their pitch is probably lack of pace if the Widnes threequarters get a bit of room.So lets try to limit their chances of getting it out wide with one on one.

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

OMG some late changes announced. Hall and Parata dropped out at last minute, wonder if it's Covid-related? Spence comes in on the wing and Sweeting on the bench.

That's a real blow both have been playing well.Just hoping that we can continue our winning run it will be a real test.Fingers crossed.

Hope we can keep up the winning run but would not be surprised if we end up with a defeat. Which would not be the end of the world with Wembley up next

15 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Team: Dagger Gale Hardcastle Davies Spence Brown Chisholm Kopczak Jones Harrison Moors Ferres McConnell

subs Cooper, Beckett, Sweeting, Field

Fev missing Welham Hall Blackmore Holmes Lockwood Parata Ferguson Bussey Day Minns Halton. All first team regulars

Widnes +20?

Just now, The Phantom Horseman said:

Agreed he's been very sound, knows the players, understands what's happening. Think it's Dave Parkinson who is an experienced RL commentator.

I've actually enjoyed listening to him so far.

As said in earlier posts good non-biased commentary, and a good work out for Wembley, A bit of a wobble in the middle of the second half but a very good finish. 

Well that's a really good win. Definitely some adversity with all the late changes. Widnes briefly threatened a comeback but as soon as we brought Iro and Koppy back on we returned to dominance.

Gale was awesome repeatedly taking the ball in and eating up chunks of yardage. Davies, Brown, Hardy all very good too, think Jones played the full 80 and Ferres had probably his best game for us so far.

Didn't see any obvious injuries? But the late withdrawals are an obvious concern with the C word looming large.

I didn't think we would manage such a comprehensive win,just backs up what i said weeks ago that it is the strongest Featherstone squad i have seen for the last 20yrs.Thought today's game and Bradford away after Wembley were possibly games we could slip up in .I have always thought that we will beat Toulouse at home.

Great result - I was more nervous about this game after seeing the team than a certain match tonight 😀

biggest plus was no obvious injuries; Nu Brown getting better every week. Chizzy had a great game at half back and that right hand side of Moors, Hardy and Gale causing problems every game now.

Bring on York - who lost again today and seem low on confidence. Not sure if they rested some for next week maybe?

Just want to make sure everyone- team and fans - stay COVID free to Saturday and can enjoy a day out in north London 💙⚪🏉

22 minutes ago, mightyship said:

Great result - I was more nervous about this game after seeing the team than a certain match tonight 😀

biggest plus was no obvious injuries; Nu Brown getting better every week. Chizzy had a great game at half back and that right hand side of Moors, Hardy and Gale causing problems every game now.

Bring on York - who lost again today and seem low on confidence. Not sure if they rested some for next week maybe?

Just want to make sure everyone- team and fans - stay COVID free to Saturday and can enjoy a day out in north London 💙⚪🏉

Not really  apart from a young leeds hooker on the bench all the usual suspects played today 

great result today with a really weakened side forced upon rovers and what a pleasure it was to listen to a good commentary for a change I used to like jo commentating except for constantly plugging the LD Nutrition stadium ( I know advertisers help pay the wages ) but nowadays the commentary we get is  lets just say better than nothing.

1 minute ago, eltel said:

great result today with a really weakened side forced upon rovers and what a pleasure it was to listen to a good commentary for a change I used to like jo commentating except for constantly plugging the LD Nutrition stadium ( I know advertisers help pay the wages ) but nowadays the commentary we get is  lets just say better than nothing.

Today's commentary knocks spots off the Rovers commentary.

Archived