Brian McDermott to Oldham.

Didn't even consider him on my wish list. Β 

Happily surprised.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Could make a snide comment about him saying big city franchises were the future but just happy to have him bk in the game tbh.

Was that comment not about Super League though? Don't think he's ever said clubs below that level should cease to exist or not strive toΒ be the best they can.

9 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Could make a snide comment about him saying big city franchises were the future but just happy to have him bk in the game tbh.

Having been brought up in Oldham and spent a little time in Toronto, I can confirm Oldham has better pie shops and invented the tubular bandage. Bring on Super League.

59 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Was that comment not about Super League though? Don't think he's ever said clubs below that level should cease to exist or not strive toΒ be the best they can.

Β 

10 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Toronto Wolfpack head coach Brian McDermott believes Super League needs to be competed for by big city teams, including Toronto, New York, London and Barcelona, in order for it to grow.

1 hour ago, POR said:

Β 

Toronto Wolfpack head coach Brian McDermott believes Super League needs to be competed for by big city teams, including Toronto, New York, London and Barcelona, in order for it to grow.

Perhaps the queen can nominate Oldham as a city during her platinum anniversary next year.Β  Then he'll feel at home.Β  Β 

Meanwhile Oldham lad Sir Kev who he bad mouthed at Leeds moves on to fame and fortune!

β€œFew thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, OL14.yeds said:

I can confirm Oldham has better pie shops and invented the tubular bandage. Bring on Super League.

And they told me you'd all be useless in a crisis!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol: Β Non-Political

Β 

Β 

Β 

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

By banning clubs from reaching SL you are gutting them. Anyway, conversation for another time.Β 

Not necessarily, some clubs don't want to be in SL andΒ it's one of those never ending conversations on here.Β 

Anyway, it sounds a good and positive move for Oldham, be interested to learn the level of involvement he will have as a consultant.

6 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

"moves on to union" would have sufficed.Β 

"moves backward to union" would have sufficed.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophileΒ 

14 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Well done to Oldham. Cas should have snapped him up when Powell left. Wonder if he has a SL opt out clause?Β 

As far as i understand he's only with Oldham until the end of the season.

I feel there could be at least 2 Super League clubs who will be looking for new coaches come the end of this season and one is his hometown club

22 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

As far as i understand he's only with Oldham until the end of the season.

I feel there could be at least 2 Super League clubs who will be looking for new coaches come the end of this season and one is his hometown club

I would love him back at the Broncos πŸ™‚

Β 

Paul

Archived