Brian McDermott to Oldham.

17 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Possibly if he has to choose between London and Oldham you could be in with a shout,

Like I said before, better pie shops in Oldham.

In all seriousness, Oldham are really lacking in the halves and fullback positions this season. If McDermott can improve the performances in these positions we may have a chance of staying up.

2 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

Like I said before, better pie shops in Oldham.

In all seriousness, Oldham are really lacking in the halves and fullback positions this season. If McDermott can improve the performances in these positions we may have a chance of staying up.

The British game as a whole is lacking a lot natural half backs and stand offs

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Rumour going round now he's to join the Bulls.....

Yeah seeing that was what prompted me to wonder how things were going at the Roughyeds. He's difficult to like I think (well for most people, not me) but is obviously very good at the fundamentals of coaching and in getting teams to believe in themselves when it matters.

20 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Hope not, not because he isn´t a fantastic manager and coach but means John Kear is finally hanging up his coaching jacket. He´s been a stable influence on for what has been a leaderless club. Like to see him at Hull, who have consistently underperformed in SL and he could get them properly challenging. 

Personally I'd keep Kear another few years.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Whether or not he’ll be able to enable Oldham to avoid relegation or not remains to be seen. Coach of the Year across all the divisions if he does. But he’s turned a side completely bereft of confidence, mistake ridden, with practically no team work, pattern or plan into one which has been in the position to compete in the last two, possibly three games. The next two games against Swinton and I think Dewsbury will a) be crucial and b) answer the questions. Whatever happens, I don’t think you’ll find many Oldham fans or players who hold him in anything but the highest regard. 

Archived