Hull's very own Paul Jubb is taking Dick "Nickhead" Kyrgios the distance! :kolobok_unsure:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

58 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

The Assclown is trending on Twitter, as they've wheeled him out to do some commentary.

It's very amusing.

Just did a Twitter search for his surname and, if anything, Rugby League folks' opinions of Oily John are a bit on the mild side, compared to the Tennis fans!

Somehow, the broadcasters don't seem to get the message.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Serena Williams v Harmony Tan was as epic a first-round match as you'll ever see. Amazing!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

what was the point of a washed up andy murray been in this years wimbledon? - i have got more chance of winning "miss world" - just to give the waitrose faithful something to cheer? the canadian lass with mega rich parents will never win anything in her life ever again - there will be kids on glasgow housing estates with more skill than these privileged twerps but they dont  have the money to ever seen the inside of a tennis club 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

what was the point of a washed up andy murray been in this years wimbledon? - i have got more chance of winning "miss world" - just to give the waitrose faithful something to cheer? the canadian lass with mega rich parents will never win anything in her life ever again - there will be kids on glasgow housing estates with more skill than these privileged twerps but they dont  have the money to ever seen the inside of a tennis club 

Thanks for that, Piers.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Thanks for that, Piers.

come up with something original not just the usual woke poke - if possible?

On 28/06/2022 at 20:10, Leeds Wire said:

It's all ok folks, it's just 
"Two blokes running around a court"

I was at Wimbledon a few years ago and Inverdale came in and sat 2 seats away. I regret to this day not telling him what I thought about his views on rugby league and his ###### commentary.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Nick Kyrgios - entertainer or massive 🔔🔚 ?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

Yes.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, tim2 said:

To use an Aussie term - grub.

It's undeniable though that he adds significant interest to the tournament. It's similar to the Mayweather effect, tuning in because you want to see him get battered. 

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

To use an Aussie term - grub.

It's undeniable though that he adds significant interest to the tournament. It's similar to the Mayweather effect, tuning in because you want to see him get battered. 

I know a few people who are friends with him. He’s apparently a very friendly generous guy and fun to hang out with.

11 hours ago, Copa said:

I know a few people who are friends with him. He’s apparently a very friendly generous guy and fun to hang out with.

I can believe that.

I thought Cameron Norrie played for souths? looking at his stats hes about as British as a Chinese burn on an Eskimos backside 

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I thought Cameron Norrie played for souths? looking at his stats hes about as British as a Chinese burn on an Eskimos backside 

I think you should be this forums nationality Zhar , if we have any doubt about any ones nationality , then you should decide 🤣

• Like 1

Nadal has withdrawn, after suffering an abdominal tear, which sounds remarkably nasty. This puts Dick "Nickhead" Kyrgios into the final. The ghastly brat's going to win the bloody title, isn't he?

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

58 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Nadal has withdrawn, after suffering an abdominal tear, which sounds remarkably nasty. This puts Dick "Nickhead" Kyrgios into the final. The ghastly brat's going to win the bloody title, isn't he?

Never write off Djokovic , but Djokovic doesn't seem himself lately , in fact he hasn't seemed himself since he won Wimbledon last year . Hopefully , Djokovic or Norrie can win it .

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Roger Federer announces he'll retire at the end of this month: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/62911876 

didn't realise he was 41- always looked like the love child of bob monkhouse and jimmy carr to me - not bad at tennis though 

• 1 year later...

Wimbledon: Plans for stadium and 39 new courts moves closer after vote - BBC Sport

Not complaining about or giving an opinion on the above, but just curious what they will do with all those tennis courts for the rest of the year.

39 new courts sounds a lot to me. From elsewhere I discovered that:

There are 18 grass courts used at the Wimbledon Championships, while the All England Club also has 20 grass practice courts and eight clay courts. 

So they've already got 46 courts, and they want to build another 39? Or are they perhaps replacing some of the existing ones with better ones?

Either way, they must love their tennis in Wimbledon.

tennis.jpg

27 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Wimbledon: Plans for stadium and 39 new courts moves closer after vote - BBC Sport

Not complaining about or giving an opinion on the above, but just curious what they will do with all those tennis courts for the rest of the year.

39 new courts sounds a lot to me. From elsewhere I discovered that:

There are 18 grass courts used at the Wimbledon Championships, while the All England Club also has 20 grass practice courts and eight clay courts. 

So they've already got 46 courts, and they want to build another 39? Or are they perhaps replacing some of the existing ones with better ones?

Either way, they must love their tennis in Wimbledon.

tennis.jpg

As far as I know, they will be moving all qualifying from Roehampton to Wimbledon plus there will be extra practice courts, I assume for the rest of the year, the extra courts will be used by the members, weather permitting.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sidi Fidi Gold said:

As far as I know, they will be moving all qualifying from Roehampton to Wimbledon plus there will be extra practice courts, I assume for the rest of the year, the extra courts will be used by the members, weather permitting.

Also, I think I read some where that another roofed show court will be built, which will be available to ground pass holders.