Sat 10-Sun 11 Jul: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred League 1 games here.

SATURDAY 10th JULY
West Wales Raiders v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00

SUNDAY 11th JULY
Hunslet v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00
Keighley Cougars v Barrow Raiders KO 14:00
Workington Town v Coventry Bears KO 14:00

8 minutes ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 10th JULY
West Wales Raiders v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00

SUNDAY 11th JULY
Hunslet v North Wales Crusaders KO 15:00
Keighley Cougars v Barrow Raiders KO 14:00
Workington Town v Coventry Bears KO 14:00

No game for us, which is a shame as I think we are getting better with each match we play.

Hornets

Barrow 

Town (although Bears will run them close)

Hard to call Hunslet or Cru TBH.

SATURDAY 10th JULY
West Wales Raiders v Rochdale Hornets 

SUNDAY 11th JULY
Hunslet v North Wales Crusaders 
Keighley Cougars v Barrow Raiders 
Workington Town v Coventry Bears (If it had gone ahead.)

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

42 minutes ago, Moscow01 said:

West Wales 18-30 Rochdale at full-time

Credit to West Wales, looks like they’ve had a right dig there. I don’t think Rochdale are up to much this season, be lucky to finish top 5. 

Definite improvement from the Raiders, they’re getting there.

3 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

West Wales 18-30 Rochdale at full-time

Credit to West Wales, looks like they’ve had a right dig there. I don’t think Rochdale are up to much this season, be lucky to finish top 5. 

As losses go, that's not bad for West Wales.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

I don’t think Rochdale are up to much this season, be lucky to finish top 5. 

You may be correct, then again…..Hornets are in a rebuilding phase and have had a terrible run of injuries, which only now are reducing slightly with key players returning gradually to the squad.  That said, WW, from the Twitter feed, gave us a real test today and missed not a few chances to win the game. As WW find themselves, the very long match day journey between clubs does not help. Too often, we struggle with clubs much closer to home!  Good luck for the remainder of the season and hopefully you can upset some of our competitors for the top five!.  Pob lwc

WWR are definitely getting better. Some of their lads now have a large number of league 1 games under their belt. The more experience they get, the more they'll be able to compete. Can't help feeling they could have recruited differently this year. Going for Henson and Chase gave them publicity for sure but they needed experienced players in spine positions. Easier said then done I know based on their location. 

10 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

WWR are definitely getting better. Some of their lads now have a large number of league 1 games under their belt. The more experience they get, the more they'll be able to compete. Can't help feeling they could have recruited differently this year. Going for Henson and Chase gave them publicity for sure but they needed experienced players in spine positions. Easier said then done I know based on their location. 

Chase is experienced and was performing very well 

2 hours ago, Swansea Jack said:

Yes there were signs of improvement yesterday.  Again credit to our players they do not give up.

I wondered where the Badham brothers had ended up.  Both propping at WWR.

Both are young but how are they going.

Archived