Sun 11 Jul: SL: Hull FC v Leigh Centurions (Postponed)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/21 at 14:30

10 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

No idea, Matt Shaw has been reporting it this morning. Personally hoping for another prop and an outside back

Yeah, come to Leigh and put yourself in the shop window for a gig at another SL team for next season.

Arguably Leigh's best four player's already commited to other clubs for next season, Mason and Thornley to Wigan, Russell to Salford and now Hood to Wakefield, it seems the club has lost all ambition going forward and I am rapidly losing interest and feel like issuing them with divorce proceedings.

59 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah, come to Leigh and put yourself in the shop window for a gig at another SL team for next season.

Arguably Leigh's best four player's already commited to other clubs for next season, Mason and Thornley to Wigan, Russell to Salford and now Hood to Wakefield, it seems the club has lost all ambition going forward and I am rapidly losing interest and feel like issuing them with divorce proceedings.

None of those players are irreplaceable. Hood would probably be the closest to that for us(if the rumours are true), but it's almost impossible for any club to build long term from the outside of established SL clubs because the best players will always be cherry picked(such as Harrison and Halton at Fev) whether they are under contract or not. The best any promoted club can hope for is to find the right set of short term players to sneak 11th then build from there. 

3 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Jack Ashworth is in the Leigh squad for Hull at the weekend, so assuming the swap has gone through

Edit: James Cunningham also added now

image.png.f09d09c52754b6f814752e0ac2389740.png

Very happy never to see those 2 back with us, now if we can get shut of Flower and Wallace we will have cleared out the unmotivated

As with the Hull KR v Wire thread, I've just heard that this game is now off.

Anyone confirm?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Again, confirmed.:

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

As with the Hull KR v Wire thread, I've just heard that this game is now off.

Anyone confirm?

Yes, postponed.

Hull now have 10 players isolating, plus 9 injured.

• John Drake changed the title to Sun 11 Jul: SL: Hull FC v Leigh Centurions (Postponed)
  • John Drake unpinned this topic
On 10/07/2021 at 11:48, MZH said:

It's hard to see the Derby going ahead tbh. 

What a mess this season is becoming.

Given that it's only four days away, another postponement looks inevitable at the moment.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Given that it's only four days away, another postponement looks inevitable at the moment.

I certainly hope so , or the ###### will have been truly taken , wouldn't you agree ? 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I certainly hope so , or the ###### will have been truly taken , wouldn't you agree ? 

I take your point but Hull were desperate for today's game to go ahead. Plan C was to give debuts to three Academy players but even that option became untenable.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

4 hours ago, Ullman said:

I take your point but Hull were desperate for today's game to go ahead. Plan C was to give debuts to three Academy players but even that option became untenable.

Not desperate enough , let's see what happens on Thursday 

1 hour ago, Ullman said:

Yes , which is why Tony has suggested they play us on Thursday , but as the LSV isn't available wants us to give up home advantage , not happening , another week or so and we'll hopefully have choices to make on who takes the field 

Archived