Sun 11 Jul: SL: Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/21 at 14:30

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Oxford said:

Looks like 24 - 0 win for the Tigers is on the cards.

Come on Oxford. We had 6 players at training today. There are people on here who thing that we should play regardless. Maybe pick up some players from the local amateur clubs perhaps? Or, if you’re going to the game, take your boots.

35 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Come on Oxford. We had 6 players at training today. There are people on here who thing that we should play regardless. Maybe pick up some players from the local amateur clubs perhaps? Or, if you’re going to the game, take your boots.

I posted that when we had 7 players now I know there's 6 it's SRD by 56

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I posted that when we had 7 players now I know there's 6 it's SRD by 56

Drop goal in the last minute to make it 57. Don’t forget that Cas have a big game 6 days later. Unlike us who had to play 4 days before the final last year.

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Drop goal in the last minute to make it 57. Don’t forget that Cas have a big game 6 days later. Unlike us who had to play 4 days before the final last year.

"Unlike us who had to play 4 days before the final last year."

It's SRD so it doesn't count, you know that.

15 hours ago, Oxford said:

Looks like 24 - 0 win for the Tigers is on the cards.

how exactly? there are 5 players who have tested positive for COVID and the rest are isolating, if those isolating return Friday its game on. if they dont then its COVID related and its a postponement but not 24 - 0

28 minutes ago, To Be Confirmed said:

how exactly? there are 5 players who have tested positive for COVID and the rest are isolating, if those isolating return Friday its game on. if they dont then its COVID related and its a postponement but not 24 - 0

TBC, was humour not being given out when you were in the queue? A bit like Amazon only six left in stock when you were number eight?

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

Salford could postpone the game by all accounts as there are 7 or more 1st team squad unavailable due to covid related rules. But the club want to go ahead with the game. 

Makes sense. Would imagine Cas will rest the first 17 bearing in mind it's the cup final 5 days later.  Anyone with an injury, Covid track and trace or failed head assessment would miss the final.  

5 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Makes sense. Would imagine Cas will rest the first 17 bearing in mind it's the cup final 5 days later.  Anyone with an injury, Covid track and trace or failed head assessment would miss the final.  

They couldn't raise a team to play Saints but now they can rest SEVENTEEN ?!!!!

2 hours ago, Fevrover said:

They couldn't raise a team to play Saints but now they can rest SEVENTEEN ?!!!!

Couldnt use any academy players or joint 1at team/academy players because !)a covid outbreak in the academy. 

Probably wont rest that many, most could actually do with a game but I'd imagine anyone seen as key (full back, half, hooker, top forwards and backs wont play this weekend).

Still no Salford squad up but Cas have named a very weakened squad

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

6 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Couldnt use any academy players or joint 1at team/academy players because !)a covid outbreak in the academy. 

Probably wont rest that many, most could actually do with a game but I'd imagine anyone seen as key (full back, half, hooker, top forwards and backs wont play this weekend).

I can understand some rested but not 17 as was quoted.

14 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I can understand some rested but not 17 as was quoted.

Looking at the 21 man squad theres only 7 players in who are potentials for next week so could end up with as few as 2/3 playing this week and in the final.

I think it would be different if we played tonight (as the HIA protocol would give the required 7 days) and/or if Covid wasnt rife in SL and specifically in the Salford camp.

Problem is under track and trace rules and the HIA issue Sundays game could easily take out a big chunk of the 17.

Salford haven't named a squad yet so I suspect it's going to be postponed anyway.

2 of Salford loanees can’t now play due to Covid. The club have arranged two more loanees from Saints. Probably received permission to delay naming the squad until those 2 more loanees had been confirmed. Going to be a strange squad.

Salford only able to name 17 players. Looking at who is missing and who we know isn't suspended and probably isn't injured, then Tui Lolohea, Elijah Taylor, Danny Addy, Sam Luckley and Connor Aspey are all people you should avoid unless you"re double jabbed (or a Covid denier).

On the other hand, of course, it could be that those players are actually OK, and it's just that the club has gone full-on Beadle's About in their elaborate plot to get their game against Wakefield put back a couple of weeks.

Archived