Fri 9 Jul: SL: Wakefield Trinity v St Helens KO 19:45

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see what kind of team Woolf puts out for this one. Given the lack of matches over the last month I don't think he'll play a 'reserve' team like he did against Salford last year. My guess is he'll just rest a couple of key players or those carrying knocks, probably the likes of Coote, Lomax, Roby & Walmsley will not play.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Looks like Woolf is going with a full team, only the long term injured players missing plus Fages who came off near the end against Wigan.

Good to see Lees finally back after breaking his leg in April. With Fages out it also means Dodd will finally get a start at scrum half - long overdue in my opinion.

1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6, Jonny Lomax, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Matty Lees, 11. Joel Thompson, 13, Morgan Knowles, 14. Sione Mata’utia, 15. LMS, 16. Kyle Amor, 17, Agnatius Paasi, 18. Jack Welsby, 19, Aaron Smith, 20, Joe Batchelor, 21. Lewis Dodd, 22. Josh Simm, 25. Dan Norman.

7 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Interesting to see what kind of team Woolf puts out for this one. Given the lack of matches over the last month I don't think he'll play a 'reserve' team like he did against Salford last year. My guess is he'll just rest a couple of key players or those carrying knocks, probably the likes of Coote, Lomax, Roby & Walmsley will not play.

Wakey agreed to move game forward to Friday from Sunday. Thus allowing a bit more selection leeway. I can think of at least one other club that would not have been so accommodating.

Expect saints to do enough to win and not push things too hard. Saints by 8 to 10

8 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Looks like Woolf is going with a full team, only the long term injured players missing plus Fages who came off near the end against Wigan.

Good to see Lees finally back after breaking his leg in April. With Fages out it also means Dodd will finally get a start at scrum half - long overdue in my opinion.

1. Lachlan Coote, 2. Tommy Makinson, 3. Kevin Naiqama, 4. Mark Percival, 5. Regan Grace, 6, Jonny Lomax, 8. Alex Walmsley, 9. James Roby, 10. Matty Lees, 11. Joel Thompson, 13, Morgan Knowles, 14. Sione Mata’utia, 15. LMS, 16. Kyle Amor, 17, Agnatius Paasi, 18. Jack Welsby, 19, Aaron Smith, 20, Joe Batchelor, 21. Lewis Dodd, 22. Josh Simm, 25. Dan Norman.

Good to see Woolf is putting out a strong side, im not a fan of resting players. 

18 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Good to see Woolf is putting out a strong side, im not a fan of resting players. 

I wasn't last season but I'd be all for it this year. 😉

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

4 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Two players drop out of Wakefield’s side due to Covid. 

Trinity still with 10 injured players and another has pulled out from injury today. Though we are not a fashionable team so it doesn’t get the constant exposure In the press other clubs get. Many games this season we have had 6-10+ players missing but just get on with it while other clubs cry about it. This is one thing I do like about trinity.

Add to that 2 Covid related cases and we are now down to 17 available players. 

I would envisage that we will have no hooker as our 4 options are unavailable. 

with no recognised 9 and a number of players missing we will likely see a back on the bench or two just to get the game played.

Against a strong saints team on paper you would be silly not to lump on and expect a reasonable score. 

Despite trinity team having 12 players unavailable it’s surprisingly good looking.

We are at home so it gives us a slight chance but again with no recognised 9 and missing TJ, Tupou, Wood, Wood (2), Green, Croft, Walker, Walker (2), Crowther a number of these long term it’s going to be a tough few weeks for the trinity. With the fixture congestion coming up. 

surprised most people seem to be predicting small margins but I suppose despite all our injuries (not named a 21 man squad for a few games) we have been going quite well still and just getting on with it while others pull out in similar scenarios. 

I wouldn’t blame the club if they were to cancel and concede a 24-0 loss and concentrate on Salford Friday after. That’s not the trinity way though.

39 minutes ago, Trojan Horse said:

Trinity still with 10 injured players and another has pulled out from injury today. Though we are not a fashionable team so it doesn’t get the constant exposure In the press other clubs get. Many games this season we have had 6-10+ players missing but just get on with it while other clubs cry about it. This is one thing I do like about trinity.

Add to that 2 Covid related cases and we are now down to 17 available players. 

I would envisage that we will have no hooker as our 4 options are unavailable. 

with no recognised 9 and a number of players missing we will likely see a back on the bench or two just to get the game played.

Against a strong saints team on paper you would be silly not to lump on and expect a reasonable score. 

Despite trinity team having 12 players unavailable it’s surprisingly good looking.

We are at home so it gives us a slight chance but again with no recognised 9 and missing TJ, Tupou, Wood, Wood (2), Green, Croft, Walker, Walker (2), Crowther a number of these long term it’s going to be a tough few weeks for the trinity. With the fixture congestion coming up. 

surprised most people seem to be predicting small margins but I suppose despite all our injuries (not named a 21 man squad for a few games) we have been going quite well still and just getting on with it while others pull out in similar scenarios. 

I wouldn’t blame the club if they were to cancel and concede a 24-0 loss and concentrate on Salford Friday after. That’s not the trinity way though.

RFL Regulations just changed this afternoon to allow things like short term loans to enable games to go ahead.

Time to start asking around for a hooker - I'm sure Saints would even loan you Smith or Eaves for the day if it guaranteed the game went ahead and gave them game time before the cup final.

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

RFL Regulations just changed this afternoon to allow things like short term loans to enable games to go ahead.

Time to start asking around for a hooker - I'm sure Saints would even loan you Smith or Eaves for the day if it guaranteed the game went ahead and gave them game time before the cup final.

Eaves would be a good shout as he's had a recent spell at the club and went pretty well.  Don't know how that would fit in with each clubs covid bubbles so possibly another reason to make it highly unlikely.  Harry Bowes stepped up from the Academy last year but I know that group has quite a few injuries at present and he way well be one of them?

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

50 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Eaves would be a good shout as he's had a recent spell at the club and went pretty well.  Don't know how that would fit in with each clubs covid bubbles so possibly another reason to make it highly unlikely.  Harry Bowes stepped up from the Academy last year but I know that group has quite a few injuries at present and he way well be one of them?

Well, we’ve sent Dan Norman to Salford for a week so I guess it’s doable, somehow. 

Wakefield U19s played last night so I that really removes the option of dipping into that bowl.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

27 minutes ago, dkw said:

Why is this not on Sky, people must surely be looking for live sport the next few days.

Leeds Cats is on Sky at the same time. Wigan Hudds on Sunday. Wakey Saints is on OurLeague for ST holders

18 minutes ago, Moove said:

Leeds Cats is on Sky at the same time. Wigan Hudds on Sunday. Wakey Saints is on OurLeague for ST holders

Ah right, theirs no TV next to the game title on the forum so I presumed theirs no game on Sky tonight.

On 08/07/2021 at 15:56, Trojan Horse said:

We are at home so it gives us a slight chance but again with no recognised 9 and missing TJ, Tupou, Wood, Wood (2), Green, Croft, Walker, Walker (2), Crowther a number of these long term it’s going to be a tough few weeks for the trinity. With the fixture congestion coming up. 

We’ve got players missing but that’s a real stretch, TJ, Tupou, B Walker & K Wood is more realistic. TJs irreplaceable, Arundel is in better form than Tupou anyway but we’ll miss K Wood and B Walker though we could have brought Bowes in who would have done a good job and is an actual Hooker. 

Wakefield having two going off with headshot injuries already. Fifita struggling with rib injury and its raining. 

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Looks like Wakefield have now got Liam Kaye at Hooker after Ashurst who was at Hooker, is removed from the field for a HIA Test 

Surely it would be better to put Kaye or Senior at Full Back and move Hampshire to Hooker where many feel he’s most suited.

Anyway Penalty - Coote converts

Wakefield 0 - 8 Sts

At 0-14 i think we've give in

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Archived