Fri 9 Jul: SL: Wakefield Trinity v St Helens KO 19:45

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Percival limping badly

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

What a finish that is from Innes Senior as 12 man Wakefield outstrip the Sts defence to create an overlap and score out wide. Lino hits the post and it goes over for a good touchline conversion 

Wakefield 10 - 16 Sts

On other pen to Saints

14 - 18

17 min to go.

And Saints get a try straight off the restart.

14 - 24 3 trys each now but game over I think.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

Not a classic by any stretch of the imagination. Credit to Wakey for putting up such a spirited display when others might have ‘ducked’ the game. Saints defence has won this game but our attack looks ordinary this year and the discipline tonight was poor. Sure they’ll be happy enough with a win the week before Wembley though.

I see Lewis Dodd got a start at half, how did he get on?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I see Lewis Dodd got a start at half, how did he get on?

Did he?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Well that was anybody's game until that spurt by Saints into the last quarter.  Bit of a let down conceding on the hooter at the end especially when it came from a lack of communication between Tanganoa and Hampshire gifting the ball for that set down the other end.

Hope Ashurst is OK as I presume the Ambulance was for him?  Pity Saints physio couldn't have a look at him as he appeared to bring Grace back from the dead later in the game.  Saints eh?

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

24 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Man of the Match on Our League. Would have given it to Coote myself or Miller perhaps but Dodd did well, scored a lovely try.

Sorry, bit of a woosh moment there I'm afraid.

Go back and read it again, see if you catch on this time...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Pretty content with that. Any win a week before Wembley when minds are elsewhere is good, even better that there are no apparent injuries. 

Some big calls to make next week. Firstly, whether Lees plays after just 1 game back. I'd be tempted to put him on the bench. Secondly, whether to play Joel Thompson. Personally, I would put Batchelor in ahead of him who is in better form but I doubt Woolf will. Last call is whether to go with Welsby and Dodd on the bench. I'd be cautious of two backs, even though they are likely to come on at 13 and 9, seems a bit of a risk.

Archived