Fri 9 Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Catalans Dragons KO 19:45

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/21 at 19:15

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, M j M said:

Leeds play the same team away the subsequent week and I think that's the one they should aim at more than this one tbh. 

While there in the mood they should aim up at them all . you never know when your next win is coming or your next loss so just run the crest of the wave

40 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

While there in the mood they should aim up at them all . you never know when your next win is coming or your next loss so just run the crest of the wave

Clubs resist short Sunday to Thursday turnarounds in normal seasons because they are so difficult to manage in modern RL. Having four of those turnarounds in a row against a fully rested team means it really isn't likely that Leeds will have the energy to win this game.

I was very impressed with Leeds against Warrington. They were excellent in the first half and then had the grit and determination to hang on the second half when Warrington started to have most of the game.

If Leeds can replicate that performance then there's evert chance they can beat Catalans.

I feel like that might just be too big of an ask for them though. The fixtures have been coming thick and fast and it's another short turnaround here, whereas Catalans should be fairly fresh.

I think it will be tight for a while before a tired Leeds start to struggle with the pace, Catalans pulling away in the last 20.

Catalans by 18, but the scoreline won't totally reflect the game.

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The two best teams in Super League right now this should be a thriller. The fact Catalans v Hull kr was called off due to Covid gives them a massive advantage, Leeds are out on their feet with many players playing Friday, Sunday, Thursday, Monday, Friday. 

Yep, the schedule has not been kind, I don't think there will be very much physical training being done but plenty of rubbing out the aching muscles in the treatment rooms.

Leeds can turn this into a positive, they have a lot of momentum going for them, never mind resting player's they are playing in front of their own paying fans, go for it, it should be a cracker.

I fancy a Leeds victory.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yep, the schedule has not been kind, I don't think there will be very much physical training being done but plenty of rubbing out the aching muscles in the treatment rooms.

Leeds can turn this into a positive, they have a lot of momentum going for them, never mind resting player's they are playing in front of their own paying fans, go for it, it should be a cracker.

I fancy a Leeds victory.

Richard Agar said after Monday’s game the players would be given 2 days off (Tuesday and Wednesday) then have a team run through on Thursday before the next game on Friday.

I think this game will be one too many for Leeds against a fresh and rested top of the table Catalans side. Catalans to win this one in a tight battle for me and then Leeds to win when we play them again the following week.

18 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

The two best teams in Super League right now this should be a thriller. The fact Catalans v Hull kr was called off due to Covid gives them a massive advantage, Leeds are out on their feet with many players playing Friday, Sunday, Thursday, Monday, Friday. 

Didn't realise being 7th in the table qualified you as the 2nd best team in the league 🤣

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

58 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Didn't realise being 7th in the table qualified you as the 2nd best team in the league 🤣

Yes you did 😇

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

27 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Have any other clubs won their last 4 games? 

So your the 2nd best team based on just the last 4 weeks eh ! Where are you rated on the last 1 weeks games then - 1st 🤣 🤣

Just accept the FACT that so far this year your just the 7th best team 

1 hour ago, Saint Toppy said:

So your the 2nd best team based on just the last 4 weeks eh ! Where are you rated on the last 1 weeks games then - 1st 🤣 🤣

Dont let it worry you 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

I suspect that both of the forthcoming matches between these teams will be home wins. 

The way both sides are playing at present, they have the makings of good spectacles, rather than dour, grinding stuff.

On 07/07/2021 at 15:44, Saint Toppy said:

On 07/07/2021 at 17:03, Saint Toppy said:

Whilst the poster you quoted is something of a troll in my opinion, he did include the words "right now" after his claim which suggests to me he means on current form and even you can't argue with that surely?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

32 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Whilst the poster you quoted is something of a troll in my opinion, he did include the words "right now" after his claim which suggests to me he means on current form and even you can't argue with that surely?

Surely then if its 'current form' it goes off the last game that a team played. So by reckoning they're only the 3rd best team not the 2nd as Cats had a 38 point win last time out, Saints had an 18 point win and Leeds had a 6 point win. Or do we just keep counting games backwards until we reach a point that puts Leeds as high up on the list as possible so SKS can keep pretending Leeds are still in their glory days 🤣

30 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Or do we just keep counting games backwards until we reach a point that puts Leeds as high up on the list as possible so SKS can keep pretending Leeds are still in their glory days 🤣

I love the smell of fear in the morning.

Archived