Fri 9 Jul: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Catalans Dragons KO 19:45

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/07/21 at 19:15

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

If Mourgue can maintain his form and fitness, he'll add a fair figure to attendances wherever he plays.

I thought he was excellent. 

He is a lot more good looking and likeable than Maloney. 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

If France beat England at the World Cup I will drive to Dover and swim to Calais naked with a fresh cockerel tattoo on my derrière.

Pretending you don’t already have that tattoo is not going to wash… 

4 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Undoubtedly some James Child like decisions but blaming him is an excuse for Catalans being ill disciplined. 

Fair enough but does 10, 5 ....1 mistakes or obvious penalties let the Referee off with any responsibility towards the game?

I'm struggling with the correlation between a Rugby mistake and a Free Pass for the Ref. So often I can't see it in a match. 

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

11 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Mourgue isn't the quickest in the team (Davies is) but he's got a mean step on him and the ability to switch it up on a heartbeat, turning the opposition nervous.
He's a very dangerous young man.

Indeed.  He is electric off the mark and that is the main asset if he in the middle of the park.  The Catalans forwards are consistently working hard now.  Makes a big difference.

59 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Indeed.  He is electric off the mark and that is the main asset if he in the middle of the park.  The Catalans forwards are consistently working hard now.  Makes a big difference.

He could be the next Burrow, great step and will hurt tired or back tracking defences.

Hopefully Union won’t go after him, however he is probably too small for the game for ‘all shapes and sizes’, the lumbering forwards would target him as an easy hit.

1 hour ago, Mark S said:

He could be the next Burrow, great step and will hurt tired or back tracking defences.

Hopefully Union won’t go after him, however he is probably too small for the game for ‘all shapes and sizes’, the lumbering forwards would target him as an easy hit.

Doesn’t matter if he’s too small or not or good enough  for union as they seem to sign and target league players just to f#ck with the game.

58 minutes ago, City RL said:

1st game on Sky I've been able to watch till the end of the game this season. Timing of some of the Catalan passing was very good indeed.

Don't know what's happened to the game during the Super League era, but the PTB (rolling the ball with the hand and moving off the mark), Goal Line drop outs (that are punts, not drop kicks), Voluntary Tackles and Players stopping the game to get strapping on their boots are very frustrating and usually make it unwatchable.

hard to disagree, although to reinforce I was surprised how much Catalan almost always took an extra step at the play the ball, especially 2nd half.

Add to your list my pet hate of water carrier/coach on the pitch - not last night Catalan/Leeds game but often on helping direct movement/play for surprising periods...

Any moan over I enjoyed the game, especially the first half with both teams playing at a high pace. "2nd half Catalan strangled Leeds and whilst not exciting they showed how to win games.

13 hours ago, Padge said:

Leeds starting the sh!h0sing again now they are behind.

Oh the irony of that comment is brilliant.

35 minutes ago, redjonn said:

hard to disagree, although to reinforce I was surprised how much Catalan almost always took an extra step at the play the ball, especially 2nd half.

Add to your list my pet hate of water carrier/coach on the pitch - not last night Catalan/Leeds game but often on helping direct movement/play for surprising periods...

Any moan over I enjoyed the game, especially the first half with both teams playing at a high pace. "2nd half Catalan strangled Leeds and whilst not exciting they showed how to win games.

Absolutely,doesanyone know what,if any,rules apply to 'water carriers'?

Some of these water carriers are on the pitch,more than some players. They literally seem to be on from the first minute to the last,the only thing they dont seem to do is carry water. Just another example of the game looking cheap and shoddy.

37 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Oh the irony of that comment is brilliant.

Maloney prone on the floor after a bit of a rough tackle that didn’t warrant a sin bin

Kasiano upright after a high tackle that did warrant a sin bin

Which incident did the Leeds run in to?

1 minute ago, cookey said:

Absolutely,doesanyone know what,if any,rules apply to 'water carriers'?

Some of these water carriers are on the pitch,more than some players. They literally seem to be on from the first minute to the last,the only thing they dont seem to do is carry water. Just another example of the game looking cheap and shoddy.

Although continuing off-topic to the thread. The worse one I remember was a NZ/England game at Hull when NZ had a water carrier/coach on the whole of the first half (good parts of the 2nd too) clearly pointing and directing players.

9 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Maloney prone on the floor after a high tackle that didn’t warrant a sin bin

Kasiano upright after a high tackle that did warrant a sin bin

Which incident did the Leeds run in to?

I thought the Kasiano sin-bin was justified.  His intent whilst not to hit the head was to do a big hit which was all-be-it not on the head but was high enough to be as close as you can get... and not surprisingly to hit shoulder and go up... 

He could have tackled differently and stopped the player in his tracks with his fellow tacklers. He chose to go high and very forcefully all-be-it not on the head but without control with the likelihood it would go to the head... 

The game is either wanting to clamp down or not. 

I add it was in a period of the game with both teams being irritated with each other and maybe intention to hurt in the tackle was maybe happening. Nothing wrong with that if not doing high shots but why less control into tackle happens.

30 minutes ago, redjonn said:

I thought the Kasiano sin-bin was justified.  His intent whilst not to hit the head was to do a big hit which was all-be-it not on the head but was high enough to be as close as you can get... and not surprisingly to hit shoulder and go up... 

He could have tackled differently and stopped the player in his tracks with his fellow tacklers. He chose to go high and very forcefully all-be-it not on the head but without control with the likelihood it would go to the head... 

The game is either wanting to clamp down or not. 

I add it was in a period of the game with both teams being irritated with each other and maybe intention to hurt in the tackle was maybe happening. Nothing wrong with that if not doing high shots but why less control into tackle happens.

That wasn’t the point I was making and did say it warranted a sin bin 🤷🏻‍♂️

Archived