Dewsbury away

Batley Bob

Me too, although I thought the Rams process rather more complex than necessary

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

This has now become probably our (and also Rams' for similar reason) most important game of the season. Everybody's doing it hard but with our flying start we'd have hoped not to a) pick up the injuries we have and b) run into the teams we have in our dip in form. We need the win to sneak back upward, Rams after losing at Newcastle are being sucked South. Depends on which stretched set up recovers. Could also be between their static halves and White and Gilmore really hitting their straps like they were early doors. If they get forward we've got the upper hand.

18 minutes ago, phildog said:

This has now become probably our (and also Rams' for similar reason) most important game of the season. Everybody's doing it hard but with our flying start we'd have hoped not to a) pick up the injuries we have and b) run into the teams we have in our dip in form. We need the win to sneak back upward, Rams after losing at Newcastle are being sucked South. Depends on which stretched set up recovers. Could also be between their static halves and White and Gilmore really hitting their straps like they were early doors. If they get forward we've got the upper hand.

Our "static halfs" were absent today. I just hope that we can muster 17 in time for Thursday. 

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Our "static halfs" were absent today. I just hope that we can muster 17 in time for Thursday. 

Ditto

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

I didn't mean 'static' in such derogatory way, just the fact that there will be 2 completely different sets of halves; Sykes and Finn don't go forward at any sort of pace but both have good 'bringing on' hands as opposed to White and Gilmore who like to take the line on first. They should, as there's an experienced player's age between the pairs. Depends on which pair get their team going forward best and whether we can get a better field kicking game going better than Sykes, our kicking for position has been pedestrian abd so obvious at times

6 hours ago, phildog said:

I didn't mean 'static' in such derogatory way, just the fact that there will be 2 completely different sets of halves; Sykes and Finn don't go forward at any sort of pace but both have good 'bringing on' hands as opposed to White and Gilmore who like to take the line on first. They should, as there's an experienced player's age between the pairs. Depends on which pair get their team going forward best and whether we can get a better field kicking game going better than Sykes, our kicking for position has been pedestrian abd so obvious at times

I didn't take it as derogatory, simply accurate. As even PM has been forced to admit, we all slow down eventually. We don't challenge the line nor back up the ball carrier.

I can't see anything but a regulation doggies win.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sir Jeck....I said that elsewhere. Other weeks we've known that 4 names have been listed just to meet RFL requirements, but out of that squad whichever 4 miss out there are still 17 frontliners. I think we'll be strong enough as a team, hope we're mentally strong enough to put aside the fact that it's the Derby and just get on with the playing and win.

Well that was easier than I thought it would be after the shift we put in against Toulouse! 

Archived