Home game with Coventry,

Evs62

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the time Coventry have been affected. Our game against Keighley was pulled because they were struggling to fulfil the fixture. That has been rearranged for next Friday night. There are no more free weekends until the season end, so that is a possibility.

The important thing is that it is only a game and the health of these young men is far more important that chasing a pigs bladder around.

Good luck to everyone who has been affected

By the way I hope we don't see you next year !!!! Doncaster is much nearer to get to!😎

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It isn't Towns marquee and don't run it. I would imagine we were more likely to have picked up the virus iat Barrow. It was restriction free from what I saw. 🙄

Was always going to happen there? Sure I read your they were having 450 in the tent? 

5 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It isn't Towns marquee and don't run it. I would imagine we were more likely to have picked up the virus iat Barrow. It was restriction free from what I saw. 🙄

Seem proper jealous of barrow at the moment some town fans. 

Sad to see that Town can't raise a team for the weekend. I would of thought with 7 out you still could of scraped one so I'm guessing others have to isolate due to contact? Either way, rugby is the least important thing when it comes to others Health, hopefully all those affected aren't affected too badly and they make a speedy recovery 👍 hopefully it doesn't go down as a loss and Town can rearrange the game! 

5 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Sad to see that Town can't raise a team for the weekend. I would of thought with 7 out you still could of scraped one so I'm guessing others have to isolate due to contact? Either way, rugby is the least important thing when it comes to others Health, hopefully all those affected aren't affected too badly and they make a speedy recovery 👍 hopefully it doesn't go down as a loss and Town can rearrange the game! 

I’m not sure many league one teams would be putting much of a squad out with 8 missing and about 4 injured 

24 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Not sure why it’s sad we can’t raise a team, 8 players are currently affected and we aren’t allowed to train, the rfl put things in place for this scenario hence the reason it’s not a points based league but percentage based. It won’t go down as a loss and will just have to wait and see if it can be re arranged.

15 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Not sure why it’s sad we can’t raise a team, 8 players are currently affected and we aren’t allowed to train, the rfl put things in place for this scenario hence the reason it’s not a points based league but percentage based. It won’t go down as a loss and will just have to wait and see if it can be re arranged.

Didn't know about the injurys on top of it mate, as to not being sure why it's sad, it was said more along the lines of sad the club has lost potential match day income, sad for the players that they're missing a game after not playing for so long and sad for the fans who waited so long to be allowed into games that they're having to miss one, didnt say it to cause a debate or have a pop!

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s now on the star website to … with two pics of coronavirus just in case you wanted to know what it looked like . Mind you being the star it’s probably a pic of a totally different virus 

Probably a picture of a conker 🙄

11 hours ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Agree, strange how no Barrow players are infected or no known outbreak in their fans? Terrible insinuation to make towards another club. 

Given that the infection rate in Barrow was almost twice that of Allerdale up to the 3rd July, probably a reasonable assumption, and that isn’t a dig or insinuation at the Barrow club just merely stating a fact. 

2 hours ago, IanMac said:

Given that the infection rate in Barrow was almost twice that of Allerdale up to the 3rd July, probably a reasonable assumption, and that isn’t a dig or insinuation at the Barrow club just merely stating a fact. 

That is not a fact, you are making an assumption. Unfounded comments are not facts. How come Barrow are unaffected and playing as normal? It doesn't make sense to say Workington players caught it at that Club when the club seem to have no issues with COVID. It was 2 weeks ago. Your club have played another team since then a week after the Barrow game. 

Unlikely to be anything to do with Barrow but the way things are going I will be very surprised if there aren't a few more matches cancelled in the coming weeks and months. I'd be interested to know what the vaccination status of the squad especially of those affected as could affect the spread, level and length of illness though these are very fit guys so hopefully minimal.

3 hours ago, IanMac said:

Clutching at straws there a bit, think we need to look a bit closer to home. I was told yesterday that there's been 78 positive tests so far from people who were at the event in the marquee last Saturday night.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, DocH said:

Unlikely to be anything to do with Barrow but the way things are going I will be very surprised if there aren't a few more matches cancelled in the coming weeks and months. I'd be interested to know what the vaccination status of the squad especially of those affected as could affect the spread, level and length of illness though these are very fit guys so hopefully minimal.

Grant Schapps this morning said you are much more likely to catch it if you've had both jabs.

2 hours ago, Derwent said:

Clutching at straws there a bit, think we need to look a bit closer to home. I was told yesterday that there's been 78 positive tests so far from people who were at the event in the marquee last Saturday night.

The usually reliable Sellafield Rumour Mill is saying a Town player was there, even after testing positive. 🤔🤔🤔

HW

Typical Haven wanting to dish any dirt about Town, Sellafield rumours are usually made up by jealous individuals desperate to get somewhere near to the truth or just wishful thinking, take no notice of anything that comes via haven fans.

20 minutes ago, bobg said:

Typical Haven wanting to dish any dirt about Town, Sellafield rumours are usually made up by jealous individuals desperate to get somewhere near to the truth or just wishful thinking, take no notice of anything that comes via haven fans.

Happy to spread garbage on here but cry and whine if we ever mention their mob. 

30 minutes ago, bobg said:

Probably boredom, its having to  watch Charlo's up the middle and kick game plans that does it

On 08/07/2021 at 13:53, Unicorn 106 said:

11 hours ago, IanMac said:

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Happy to spread garbage on here but cry and whine if we ever mention their mob. 

TBF It's being done by others too. 

20 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Grant Schapps this morning said you are much more likely to catch it if you've had both jabs.

Can't find any evidence he said that or that its true. Be amazed but if you have a link?

On 08/07/2021 at 19:28, Butch said:

Seem proper jealous of barrow at the moment some town fans. 

Top troll aren't you. jealous of you having no restrictions and doing what the #### you want to rake in more cash and put lives at risk. 🙄 Don't think so, just wondering how you are getting away with it. 😠

Archived