Odsal pitch widening been paid for by the RFL not the bulls. why ?.

Who made it smaller? Surely they should be the ones to reinstate it. Whilst the landlord has responsibility, surely that wouldn't cover a third party deliberately digging up part of the pitch. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

6 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Who made it smaller? Surely they should be the ones to reinstate it. Whilst the landlord has responsibility, surely that wouldn't cover a third party deliberately digging up part of the pitch. 

I assume the contract between the RFL and the stock cars promoter allowed them to make modifications to facilitate the installation of the track.

The RFL's contract with the Bulls should specify a full size playing surface. So it probably will be the RFL's responsibility. 

21 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I assume the contract between the RFL and the stock cars promoter allowed them to make modifications to facilitate the installation of the track.

If the RFL agreed that, what were they thinking. 

If the RFL didn't agree that, the stock car promoter should be reinstating. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

10 hours ago, paul hicks said:

just read about it in the league express . another handout ?.

It's another example of incompetence but nothing more than that.

(I mean, that's bad enough but ...)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Nope, they own the head lease which says they are responsible for the upkeep of the Stadium. 

Does it though? I would imagine like most commercial leases the tenants would be responsible for the upkeep and as its a sub-let that would be the Bulls and the stock cars. that said there is no way that the RFL could justify buying the lease like they did just as much as they couldn't justify paying for the upkeep of the stadium so there is every chance that it is true.

On 07/07/2021 at 08:50, The Blues Ox said:

Does it though? I would imagine like most commercial leases the tenants would be responsible for the upkeep and as its a sub-let that would be the Bulls and the stock cars. that said there is no way that the RFL could justify buying the lease like they did just as much as they couldn't justify paying for the upkeep of the stadium so there is every chance that it is true.

After a delay in the widening work, which is being carried out by the RFL and which they have put down to contractors being engaged on other mostly football-related projects, that dispensation was extended to cover Bradford’s matches against Widnes on June 27 and Batley on Sunday (July 4). 

13 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

After a delay in the widening work, which is being carried out by the RFL and which they have put down to contractors being engaged on other mostly football-related projects, that dispensation was extended to cover Bradford’s matches against Widnes on June 27 and Batley on Sunday (July 4). 

??

It does seem that the RFL have taken responsibility for the sorting out of the pitch, no doubt they consulted with the member clubs about that...... but was a new lease signed by Bradford stating that the RFL were responsible for the upkeep of the stadium? The fact that Bradford could not afford upkeep of the stadium was one of the reasons for the move in the first place. I highly doubt the RFL have now agreed to pay for it as they simply could not justify it to other clubs.

33 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

??

It does seem that the RFL have taken responsibility for the sorting out of the pitch, no doubt they consulted with the member clubs about that...... but was a new lease signed by Bradford stating that the RFL were responsible for the upkeep of the stadium? The fact that Bradford could not afford upkeep of the stadium was one of the reasons for the move in the first place. I highly doubt the RFL have now agreed to pay for it as they simply could not justify it to other clubs.

The RFL arranged for the stock car racing to happen. Fixing up the pitch after that is hardly a cost the other tenant should be picking up.

11 minutes ago, M j M said:

The RFL arranged for the stock car racing to happen. Fixing up the pitch after that is hardly a cost the other tenant should be picking up.

Rather than waste money on widening the pitch, as landlords the RFL could insist that the Bulls (and their opponents) only select players who were 5ft4 or below and 80kg or below to compensate. Danny Brough could be used as the template.

It works for treadmills and office lifts.

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

??

Not sure on that, but the RFL have paid for the Bulbs in the floodlights and a few other bits, they didn't employ any security after 2019 so bits of the Stadium needed repairing, toilets bars etc.

On 07/07/2021 at 10:26, sweaty craiq said:

Obviously the member clubs voted to buy the lease and spend this money on making the pitch legal .......

Doubt it. They’ve other fish to fry. More likely the member clubs will have some sort of AGM where they collectively appoint an executive to make decisions on their behalf?

Archived