Carcassonne X111

A week or so ago the President of Carcassonne X111 Francis Camel was interviewed in the La Depech newspaper about the clubs future plans after their loss in the Champpionship Final to Lezignan. The Canaris may have lost on the field in 2021but off it show how things can be improved, There sponsordhip, marketing and presenatation top knotch, Camel a retired bank manager is still not satisfied though. Going forward has launched a new Business Club which he hopes to double the funds coming into the club. They do though have a fine stadium at Albert Domec which is shared with the USC rugby union club, This past year the club left their club house behind the railway station to a new office facility at the ground. There is talk that the athletics track will be removed at some stage to another location in the town and the old railway side stand to be refurbished.

The President’s interview included that the club have very high expectations going forward, He even raised the possiblity of playing in League 1 across the Channel. At the same time Camel said the Elite 1 had been a real succes this year – on the field. On the other hand he feels of it – Elite 1 clubs needs to attend to their structures - grounds, facitities, floodlights, marketing, presentation et al.

The school of rugby in Carcassonne U6-U16 has been run by the MJC set-up for years up to Cadets with parents and friends in charge. Now Camel wants to bring it all together under one roof with professional educators and coaches. A womens team is being reformed too, Hear too that Alan Walsh (of this parish) is leaving Lezignan to join up with the Canaris next term.

Elsewhere the existing link up with Elite 2 Villgailhenc and Federal Villeueuve-Minervois clubs is to be strengthened creating a Carcassonne region treize concept under one umbrella. Maybe just Francis Camel is using his Ligue 1 aspirations idea as a shot across the bows of the other clubs to get their standards up to scratch.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

12 minutes ago, audois said:

A week or so ago the President of Carcassonne X111 Francis Camel was interviewed in the La Depech newspaper about the clubs future plans after their loss in the Champpionship Final to Lezignan. The Canaris may have lost on the field in 2021but off it show how things can be improved, There sponsordhip, marketing and presenatation top knotch, Camel a retired bank manager is still not satisfied though. Going forward has launched a new Business Club which he hopes to double the funds coming into the club. They do though have a fine stadium at Albert Domec which is shared with the USC rugby union club, This past year the club left their club house behind the railway station to a new office facility at the ground. There is talk that the athletics track will be removed at some stage to another location in the town and the old railway side stand to be refurbished.

The President’s interview included that the club have very high expectations going forward, He even raised the possiblity of playing in League 1 across the Channel. At the same time Camel said the Elite 1 had been a real succes this year – on the field. On the other hand he feels of it – Elite 1 clubs needs to attend to their structures - grounds, facitities, floodlights, marketing, presentation et al.

The school of rugby in Carcassonne U6-U16 has been run by the MJC set-up for years up to Cadets with parents and friends in charge. Now Camel wants to bring it all together under one roof with professional educators and coaches. A womens team is being reformed too, Hear too that Alan Walsh (of this parish) is leaving Lezignan to join up with the Canaris next term.

Elsewhere the existing link up with Elite 2 Villgailhenc and Federal Villeueuve-Minervois clubs is to be strengthened creating a Carcassonne region treize concept under one umbrella. Maybe just Francis Camel is using his Ligue 1 aspirations idea as a shot across the bows of the other clubs to get their standards up to scratch.

Great to here but alas too little too late as we are suing for peace with RU 😂😂

15 minutes ago, audois said:

Great stuff Audios always good to hear about Carca and RL in France!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Having first visited in 1990 had high hopes for them (remember the Davila Bar?) and they looked ready to kick on. Seem to have stood still for number of years and in some ways gone backwards (Davila not theirs anymore, office in town centre moving to behind railway station, once extensive range of apparel etc on sale disappearing, crowds dwindling . . . ) but looks like they're going in right direction again.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Well they have always been my French team (along with Pia Donkeys) so this is great to hear.

Fingers crossed for a post-pandemic 2022 so I can get over there for the Elite 1 final, hopefully with the Canaries in it.

Exciting times at Carcassonne, Fred Camel has created a very strong team within his realistic budget, not like the Carcassonne of old that spent money and hoped they'd get a hand out from the local government. Elite 1 will be competitive again this year and the federation are looking to start the season in early to mid October. 

On 07/07/2021 at 13:17, ATLANTISMAN said:

As I have said before we need

* Toulouse in SL

* Internationals back v France 

* Strong Elite 

* Comp v Championship clubs

JOB DONE:)

Paul

Australia have NRL full time professional - behind them two very good semi professional competitions in NSW and Oueensland. Why can't we try and look at something similar in Europe with the Championship and in time the Elite 1 coming together. Maybe start with a cup competition of sorts and in the long term the respective competitions having a Grand Final as they do Down Under with the NSW-Queensland champions play each other on the undercard of the NRL Grand Final.

Elite 1 is seeing the possibility of growth if Toulon happens in 2022. First time in years growing - it's not long ago we were down to 8. The new Federation boss Lacoste wants to see 14 sides in the near future I think. A hard task.But 2021 saw half a dozen sides showing promise.

Catalans Dragons and TO two professional set-ups lead the French game. It's time the semi professional part of the game here starts to build up and challenge whats on offer across the Channel.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

It appears that France will hold the next World Cup in 2025. Australia backing it big time. For me the RFL should have a role too. Not just sitting back. Developing a vibrant semi-professional European competition for a start.

When Lewis was in charge there was a lot of joined -up thinking from the Dragons start up, Elite 1 were still involved too in the Challenge Cup and French referees involved both sides of the Channel.

Would like to see Aude Cathares involved in the Challenge Cup each year and why not two other regional selections representing Provence and Aquitaine. Rimmer and Lacoste working hand in hand.

38 minutes ago, audois said:

It appears that France will hold the next World Cup in 2025. Australia backing it big time. For me the RFL should have a role too. Not just sitting back. Developing a vibrant semi-professional European competition for a start.

When Lewis was in charge there was a lot of joined -up thinking from the Dragons start up, Elite 1 were still involved too in the Challenge Cup and French referees involved both sides of the Channel.

Would like to see Aude Cathares involved in the Challenge Cup each year and why not two other regional selections representing Provence and Aquitaine. Rimmer and Lacoste working hand in hand.

I don`t want to start another fight but as I said elsewhere I think that the Aussies see France as the best hope for English and European League.

Too many dung heaps with too many roosters in England with too many vested interests and unwilling to concede anything to be able to make progress in that country. I think they see this Lacoste bloke as someone they can work with.

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I don`t want to start another fight but as I said elsewhere I think that the Aussies see France as the best hope for English and European League.

Too many dung heaps with too many roosters in England with too many vested interests and unwilling to concede anything to be able to make progress in that country. I think they see this Lacoste bloke as someone they can work with.

They’ve got a long way to go if they think that.

On 07/07/2021 at 12:39, audois said:

Took my Crosfield under 13s across 26 years ago, they were brilliant treated like royalty. Two games on the stadium one before a carcassonne game. A proper rugby league town. 

8 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I hate myself for saying this, but surely it’s Carcassonne XIII rather than X111.

Looking forward to visiting and attending in 2025.

Yes me too we may all have to meet up and a pub... and have a huge get together (with name tags)

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

They’ve got a long way to go if they think that.

I just wonder if France is seen as a clean slate, but a clean slate that has a Rugby League heritage.

How I look at it is, if Catalans can continue to do well and Toulouse can enter Super League and do likewise, then any investors interested in setting up their own or reviving a League team from a suitable area could plainly see that in the Super League competition there is at least 5 or 6 spots for a well financed and supported team to enter that comp. They are not going to be waiting around for years and years trying to get a spot in the top competition, especially if they come in well backed and supported.

Now please don`t take me the wrong way, I think the Championship is a wonderful second tier comp with a wonderful geographical footprint, but there are teams in the bottom half of the SLE that maybe better off suited in that competition, great history, great nurseries, great followers, you wouldn`t want to lose them, but always going to struggle due to their geographical footprint.

I figure that with the two aforementioned clubs out of France leading the way, it could easily flush out a couple more cities that want to be part of the action. Little bit like what the NRL are trying to do in New Zealand but with 12 x`s the population, wealthier and having a genuine League heritage.

4 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

I just wonder if France is seen as a clean slate, but a clean slate that has a Rugby League heritage.

How I look at it is, if Catalans can continue to do well and Toulouse can enter Super League and do likewise, then any investors interested in setting up their own or reviving a League team from a suitable area could plainly see that in the Super League competition there is at least 5 or 6 spots for a well financed and supported team to enter that comp. They are not going to be waiting around for years and years trying to get a spot in the top competition, especially if they come in well backed and supported.

Now please don`t take me the wrong way, I think the Championship is a wonderful second tier comp with a wonderful geographical footprint, but there are teams in the bottom half of the SLE that maybe better off suited in that competition, great history, great nurseries, great followers, you wouldn`t want to lose them, but always going to struggle due to their geographical footprint.

I figure that with the two aforementioned clubs out of France leading the way, it could easily flush out a couple more cities that want to be part of the action. Little bit like what the NRL are trying to do in New Zealand but with 12 x`s the population, wealthier and having a genuine League heritage.

Hopefully a couple more French clubs could get into SL to compliment Catalans and Toulouse.

The Championship and Elite 1 could then be strong competitions underneath that. 

15 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Yes me too we may all have to meet up and a pub... and have a huge get together (with name tags)

Chez Felix in Place Carnot if you know your RL history? And for the real afficianados, stay at the Hotel Terminus?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 07/07/2021 at 14:55, barnyia said:

Exciting times at Carcassonne, Fred Camel has created a very strong team within his realistic budget, not like the Carcassonne of old that spent money and hoped they'd get a hand out from the local government. Elite 1 will be competitive again this year and the federation are looking to start the season in early to mid October. 

Would like to see Carcassonne lead the way in Elite 1 for others to follow. The way they have restructed everything - on the field and off it. They wouldn't be out of place across the Channel in the Championship. With Luc Lacoste at the helm at the Federation maybe the time is right. Elite 1 for the first time benefited from former Dragons players in 2021 in numbers raising the standards.

Toulouse Olympique have been beating the drum since 1996 for Super League entry. TO good enough in 2004 to reach the Challenge Cup Semi-Finals against Leeds . In 2013 Ernest Wallon welcomed a Super League game to Toulouse  for Dragons- Hull KR which attracteda crowd of 14,856. Ralph Rimmer was on pitch side that day too. Stade Toulousain are the biggest name in European rugby and their ground one of the biggest and best in the south of France with a recently laid hybrid pitch. Why wouldn't other SL clubs of note cherish playing there in the future.

Archived