French Competitions 2021/22

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Thats for certain.

Did you try the craft beers in the village ?

Fantastic I also took a home made quiche from the brasserie back home with me on Saturday I asked them to make it for me the previous week.

Problem with Col de Mantet (I have done it the other way a few times) is that horrible ski resort 😞

Paul

No, by the time I got back I needed to leave to get back to where I was staying. I’ll make sure I do stop next time as a friend highly recommended the food there.

1 minute ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

No, by the time I got back I needed to leave to get back to where I was staying. I’ll make sure I do stop next time as a friend highly recommended the food there.

You should only problem I have with France is the prices 

Cafe Latte Spain euro 1.40 average France 2.80 to 3.00

Beer Spain 1.40 average (Decent glass as well) France 2.80 to 3.00 (For a small glass of beer)

Lunch on average across the border around 60% more than here.

Paul

21 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

You should only problem I have with France is the prices 

Cafe Latte Spain euro 1.40 average France 2.80 to 3.00

Beer Spain 1.40 average (Decent glass as well) France 2.80 to 3.00 (For a small glass of beer)

Lunch on average across the border around 60% more than here.

Paul

€1.40 average in Spain? Where the heck are you drinking... the local park out of a brown paper bag? 🤨 Cost more than that when I lived over there in 2003!

23 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

€1.40 average in Spain? Where the heck are you drinking... the local park out of a brown paper bag? 🤨 Cost more than that when I lived over there in 2003!

Not around here and some places are 1 euro for a small glass of beer and a glass of wine + a tapas 

Stay away from the tourist traps:)

10 minutes ago, barnyia said:

A set Menu in a restaurant is cheaper in France than in spain, 

No way if one looks around Barnyia

La Jonquera Menu del Dias (Nice restaurant to at the far end of the town its the one that the police go to for lunch) 

* Olives

* Water

* Starter pasta dish with cheese

* Fish (Dorade) Salad Chips

* Ice cream or Creme Catalan

* Bottle of red wine (Per 2 persons)

* Coffee

Euros 12 (£10.43 current ex rate) If still the same x rate when the Euro floated v Pound £ 7.06 (Thats how much the pound has dropped)

Paul

43 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I know plenty of Saints fans tend to go half board/all inclusive in Spain these days when we play Catalans. 

Lloret/Tossa de Mar/Blanes... classy places. 

(Calella de Palafrugell/Cadaques areas are much nicer!)

23 hours ago, Gomersall said:

After Baitieri and Belmas they are talking about Maloney and Mcilorum at FCL come October. The Australian it appears not taking up the 3rd year option. Remarkable if it happens following on from Moa and Maria this past season. Carcassonne too are strengthening. In the ideal world it would be better if they were shared around ! The likes of Palau and St Gaudens will be even more left behind.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

34 minutes ago, audois said:

After Baitieri and Belmas they are talking about Maloney and Mcilorum at FCL come October. The Australian it appears not taking up the 3rd year option. Remarkable if it happens following on from Moa and Maria this past season. Carcassonne too are strengthening. In the ideal world it would be better if they were shared around ! The likes of Palau and St Gaudens will be even more left behind.

Palau are no longer in Elite One 

4 hours ago, audois said:

Yeah I thought that myself.  Seems Lezignan, Canaris & Avignon are the only teams who can afford decent ex pro’s.  That and another Team of potential pro’s (Esteve) plus VSL doesn’t make it a level playing field from a completion point of view.

I haven’t included VSL either as they seemed to be all over the place last season.  

4 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is Elite 1 on YouTube again this year? 

Hope so. One of the best things to have happened to the game in ages.

Shame Palau pulled out after announcing Rodney Howe as coach and Ugo Perez from St Esteve. Perez who captained the Baby Dracs in 2021 played 5 games for the Dragons in 2017. I think he is employed by Bernard Guasch in his wholesale meat business so wants to stay local. He's talking about dropping down to Elite 2 from October with Pia interested. That would be a real plus because Pia should have a decent team this year. They were ready to go in 2020/1 but the plage saw that off.

It is important though that the semi-pro competition remains competitive. The Aude and Catalonia are all right. The Avignon area have supplied the Catalans with the most  players since their arrival of the Dragons. It would be good if Toulon showed up and competitive. Carpentras too would strengthen the Provence region.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

3 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is Elite 1 on YouTube again this year? 

Has been talk of a Monday night game for You Tube but still awaiting a decision apparently.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

On 28/07/2021 at 18:07, GeordieSaint said:

Lloret/Tossa de Mar/Blanes... classy places. 

(Calella de Palafrugell/Cadaques areas are much nicer!)

I worked in a bar in Lloret one summer, 1995, you must be being sarcastic, classy certainly isn’t the first word that springs to mind. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I worked in a bar in Lloret one summer, 1995, you must be being sarcastic, classy certainly isn’t the first word that springs to mind. 

Thought the bit in brackets may have been an indication I was definitely being sarcastic.

46 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Yes but isn´t that the point, that they can advertise the game to a wider audience? 

Yes but the people watching are already RL fans, non RL fans would never just stumble across limoux a st Gaudens on Facebook or YouTube

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Yes but the people watching are already RL fans, non RL fans would never just stumble across limoux a st Gaudens on Facebook or YouTube

Perhaps an advert or two on terrestrial TV (in between broadcast game?) would help? Sure somebody could work out if it was cost effective? What were viewing figures like for the games shown?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Archived