French Competitions 2021/22

La Réole won the elite 2 league about 5 years ago and then dropped straight back down to the 3rd division, Tonneins have been announced in elite 2 with Montpellier sharks  I think, I've never heard of the other team, 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, barnyia said:

La Réole won the elite 2 league about 5 years ago and then dropped straight back down to the 3rd division, Tonneins have been announced in elite 2 with Montpellier sharks  I think, I've never heard of the other team, 

Might have helped if I’d have spotted the autocorrect.  Duras.

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Some of these teams in the Federale are widespread.  Travel distances are massive.  Cheval Blanc are nearly in the Vosges.  Must be an overnight for the St.Esteve 2nd team.

Nantes as well. 

15 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

9 teams is simply not enough in reality its 7 (As it includes Catalan/Toulouse reserve sides) needs 3 teams to step up long term 100% one from Provence + other teams that i mentioned before.

Paul

At least it’s only for one year, as long as there are 4 teams prepared to step up for 2022/3. 

10 hours ago, barnyia said:

Montpellier sharks have  just announced lambergini as a sponsor,I don't know if it's anything to do with the car or it's a local Italian restaurant, as always the same two people in the photos etc! 

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

If it is will be the local dealership who might be involved with the club.

Paul

Lamborghini make tractors as well, I know, my son used to rib me about getting one, he thought it was hilarious. But in all seriousness the Italians make high quality agricultural equipment.

So it may not even be a car dealership but an agricultural equipment supplier.

8 hours ago, The Rocket said:

Lamborghini make tractors as well, I know, my son used to rib me about getting one, he thought it was hilarious. But in all seriousness the Italians make high quality agricultural equipment.

So it may not even be a car dealership but an agricultural equipment supplier.

Quite common.  I was looking at one yesterday.  

37 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Quite common.  I was looking at one yesterday.  

21 minutes ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Clarkson has one …

I`m not quite sure whether you two are pulling my leg.🥴

Looks like the elite 1 season will start mid October with 9 teams, the first two weeks of October will be replaced by a nines tournament, (tried a couple of years ago)

The season will run until the end of may, nothing is confirmed yet but this is the latest news. 

4 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I`m not quite sure whether you two are pulling my leg.🥴

A friend of a friend is a young Italian lady who is a social media influencer/ model, from a farming family. Some of her income comes from being photographed with Lamborghini tractors - the same kind of photos that might have been used to sell sports cars in the past...

I see Jack Wilshere has signed for Albi (no, not that one...)

Gratentour in Elite 2 maybe for the first time  looks good. The grand rise of TO in recent years has helped in the city for sure. Ramonville the other club in the suburbs too linking up. I think the idea is feeding into TO Elite 1. A top down process.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, audois said:

Gratentour in Elite 2 maybe for the first time  looks good. The grand rise of TO in recent years has helped in the city for sure. Ramonville the other club in the suburbs too linking up. I think the idea is feeding into TO Elite 1. A top down process.

Is this in preparation for SL next year and are TO trying to create a similar system to what the Dragons have with their local clubs including St Esteve and Baho in Elite 2? 

What is the extent of TO's link up with Ramonville and Gratentour?

The green pass or pass sanitaire could have a massive effect on the teams in the lower division, either a test on the Tuesday and one on the Sunday to be able to train and  play or  be fully Vaccinated from 12 years old and upwards, 

Plus the tests will soon be no longer reimbursed. 

23 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Is this in preparation for SL next year and are TO trying to create a similar system to what the Dragons have with their local clubs including St Esteve and Baho in Elite 2? 

What is the extent of TO's link up with Ramonville and Gratentour?

https://www.ffr13.fr/gratentour-ambitions-unions-pour-la-prochaine-saison/

That looks like a healthy group

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

5 hours ago, audois said:

And for those who can’t read French but can vaguely understand a Google translate; 

Two years already! Two years that have passed since their last French Cup Falcou title and their place as runner-up in the Federal. Two years that the club has worked tirelessly to build an ambitious project and find synergies between Toulouse clubs. The coming season will be one of solidarity and union for the “Mustangs” of Gratentour and its President, Lionel Touchet.

The clubs in the Toulouse suburbs have understood this well. To revitalize the practice after two seasons without playing, the creation of “bridges” between the structures is essential. Both to maintain a level of quality but also to give players time to play in order to progress more quickly. This is the project that the clubs of Toulouse Olympique Élite, Gratentour and Ramonville have made, to strengthen their squads and also to provide a pool of players capable of evolving at the highest level.

“We were lucky to find common ground with Ramonville, who in addition to being able to offer us a reserve team will also be able to complete the squad of elite 2 with some of their players who have the potential to evolve at this level.

Elite 2 level has been lacking for several years in the Toulousain basin, the project to climb to Elite 2 is not an individual ambition of the Gratentour club, it is a project which aims to create communicating vessels between several levels, to develop the XIII rugby in the Toulouse region and allow each player to be able to develop at his level of play ”, confides Lionel Touchet, President of the“ Broncos ”.

“This will allow Toulouse Olympique Élite to advance some of its juniors with us to see if they can evolve into elite 1. In addition, it will give a way out for young seniors who still need to get tough and to rebound in elite 2 before reaching elite 1 ”, book Lionel. A transversal system that will help return injuries and unsuccessful players at the next level to have playing time.

“For Ramonville players who want to play elite 2, the door is wide open to them! We agreed in principle and found common ground without the club being deprived of its best elements every weekend. In addition, we will do the training together during the season with the Ramonville team.

For home match days, we will ask the federation as much as possible to have the Gratentour and Ramonville teams play on the same dates. The goal is to raise the curtains as often as possible and to be able to attract more spectators during home matches.

Something that we will try to set up also with the TO Elite with a raising and lowering of the curtains, why not?

For this year the reserve team will be in federal, Jules-julien who has just put together a senior team will also play at the same level. Perhaps we can all work in the same direction during this season to hope to see from the 2022-2023 season an elite 1, elite 2, national and federal team with communicating vessels in the Toulouse basin.

It is only by working hand in hand that we will be able to develop our sport! "

Archived