French Competitions 2021/22

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Not a great look when the FFR are trying to get government support for a WC but can't get 10 teams together suitable to be in Elite 1.

Final on 28/29 May, that's a shame as I was planning on going next year but it rules me out from attending now as I'll be at the Challenge Cup Final.

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

If they put it on same date that is inc poor planning. 

I doubt there’s much crossover between the CC and French GF final crowds. If you’re keen you could still go to their cup final though? 

10 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Think we've talked on here about growing the French final into an 'event' for French RL.  Hard to do that if its on the same weekend.  

And lets see what is in the piggy bank in May. 

Do you think the RFL should have looked at when the French GF was before choosing the date for the CC final then? 

19 hours ago, Eddie said:

And for those who can’t read French but can vaguely understand a Google translate; 

Two years already! Two years that have passed since their last French Cup Falcou title and their place as runner-up in the Federal. Two years that the club has worked tirelessly to build an ambitious project and find synergies between Toulouse clubs. The coming season will be one of solidarity and union for the “Mustangs” of Gratentour and its President, Lionel Touchet.

The clubs in the Toulouse suburbs have understood this well. To revitalize the practice after two seasons without playing, the creation of “bridges” between the structures is essential. Both to maintain a level of quality but also to give players time to play in order to progress more quickly. This is the project that the clubs of Toulouse Olympique Élite, Gratentour and Ramonville have made, to strengthen their squads and also to provide a pool of players capable of evolving at the highest level.

“We were lucky to find common ground with Ramonville, who in addition to being able to offer us a reserve team will also be able to complete the squad of elite 2 with some of their players who have the potential to evolve at this level.

Elite 2 level has been lacking for several years in the Toulousain basin, the project to climb to Elite 2 is not an individual ambition of the Gratentour club, it is a project which aims to create communicating vessels between several levels, to develop the XIII rugby in the Toulouse region and allow each player to be able to develop at his level of play ”, confides Lionel Touchet, President of the“ Broncos ”.

“This will allow Toulouse Olympique Élite to advance some of its juniors with us to see if they can evolve into elite 1. In addition, it will give a way out for young seniors who still need to get tough and to rebound in elite 2 before reaching elite 1 ”, book Lionel. A transversal system that will help return injuries and unsuccessful players at the next level to have playing time.

“For Ramonville players who want to play elite 2, the door is wide open to them! We agreed in principle and found common ground without the club being deprived of its best elements every weekend. In addition, we will do the training together during the season with the Ramonville team.

For home match days, we will ask the federation as much as possible to have the Gratentour and Ramonville teams play on the same dates. The goal is to raise the curtains as often as possible and to be able to attract more spectators during home matches.

Something that we will try to set up also with the TO Elite with a raising and lowering of the curtains, why not?

For this year the reserve team will be in federal, Jules-julien who has just put together a senior team will also play at the same level. Perhaps we can all work in the same direction during this season to hope to see from the 2022-2023 season an elite 1, elite 2, national and federal team with communicating vessels in the Toulouse basin.

It is only by working hand in hand that we will be able to develop our sport! "

Official now

9siWpLnc.jpg.79ede9e6add88d05ce074f1e0456d88c.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

1 hour ago, Jim from Oz said:

Thanks Jim great way to start my Sunday morning sitting in the sun, some sage words spoken in there:

“I think that this is going to benefit the English game and the French game,” Sylvain Houles, the Toulouse coach, said. They are overwhelming favourites to win promotion from the Championship this season, which would mean two French clubs in Super League for the very first time. A traditionalist’s nightmare, but a potentially gamechanging moment for league.

Got a few of those on here, traditionalists, that is.

As I've said lots of times let's hope lattes-montpellier get a team on the field, in their first season they cancelled a few games and played lots of the others with 13/14 players, they've moved up a division and the difference in level is massive, plus they've not signed many players except a couple of English lads, 

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

As I've said lots of times let's hope lattes-montpellier get a team on the field, in their first season they cancelled a few games and played lost of the others with 13/14 players, they've moved up a division and the difference in level is massive, plus they've not signed many players except a couple of English lads, 

Where are the English lads from ?

4 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Kieran‘s originally from south Wales, can play back row or half back. Good kid, very physical. Elite 2 will be a good test for him. 

On 09/08/2021 at 14:15, newbe said:

I think there was mistakes on both sides, no Paris now but S/L, RFL do seem making the same mistakes with expansion. What would have happened if Paris had worked. Barcelona could have been in the mix.

IIRC the original talk of SL had Paris, Barcelona and Milan from the start. PSG did make some mistakes but compared with those from the RFL then these were minimal. Can give many examples but will refrain as they may identify the sources. However, prime example is the management team RFL installed for second season after Jacques Fouroux as this is open info and shows the level of knowledge at RFL!

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

See that Joan Guasch son of Bernard has left Champions Lezignan for Elite 2 at Baho who will be coached by Jamal Fakir. Bizarre in the Catalan area presently with so many players dropping down to Elite 2. Baho and Pia in particularly look strong.

The thing with Elite 1 is the top 6 sides are very competitive at the moment as the play offs showed last season. I think Albi will be stronger next time round. The young promising half back Fabre back in contention I hear. TO Elite 1 should continue to improve under Sebastien Raguin too. A bit of a worry around St Gaudens - hopefully though their new owner will  improve things.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

Archived