Squad Depth

Batley Bob

Anybody actually know why Hooley, Broughton, Tonks, Lillycrop, Bowman are all still not under consideration? Tonks was supposed to have a small knock, spoke to Bowman at Swinton match, said he'd be 3 weeks etc etc. Have I missed anybody?

6 minutes ago, phildog said:

Anybody actually know why Hooley, Broughton, Tonks, Lillycrop, Bowman are all still not under consideration? Tonks was supposed to have a small knock, spoke to Bowman at Swinton match, said he'd be 3 weeks etc etc. Have I missed anybody?

At the Newcastle game, Hooley was wearing a padded boot on his foot, so assume that he is still injured from that.

31 minutes ago, phildog said:

Hooley - foot 

Tonks - back still 

bowman - arm 

Lillycrop- illness 

broughton - fit not selected 

32 minutes ago, phildog said:

Most clubs seem to have at least a couple of players on Covid isolation and often don't name them, for whatever reason. Maybe one or other of these is in this camp?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Obviously not or else they're on the covid protection list as if they were fit we wouldn't have been short. BTW after all the fuss of this last week, we only missed 1 training session and 15 of yesterday's squad played just a week ago at Widnes....

3 minutes ago, phildog said:

Obviously not or else they're on the covid protection list as if they were fit we wouldn't have been short. BTW after all the fuss of this last week, we only missed 1 training session and 15 of yesterday's squad played just a week ago at Widnes....

We had them on 2 week loan , same as Levi , who we have now got till end of season

IMG_0583.JPG

18 minutes ago, phildog said:

So you weren't impressed then? 

Yesterday? Not in the slightest. Didn't turn up at kick-off, gave 12 away from unnecessary mistakes. Got back in it at half-time then gave ourselves, pardon the pun, an uphill task to which which we never rose from the first kick. Fell for every usual Featherstone trick and allowed ourselves to be dominated. The only thing we did well was tackle under such pressure, at one point weren't there 30 tackles in our 25? Suppose a 15 point defeat wasn't bad but no excuses could cover the fact that there was little in the way of guile or go forward up the hill. First time since some bad old days that I left 5 minutes before the end.

24 minutes ago, phildog said:

Yesterday? Not in the slightest. Didn't turn up at kick-off, gave 12 away from unnecessary mistakes. Got back in it at half-time then gave ourselves, pardon the pun, an uphill task to which which we never rose from the first kick. Fell for every usual Featherstone trick and allowed ourselves to be dominated. The only thing we did well was tackle under such pressure, at one point weren't there 30 tackles in our 25? Suppose a 15 point defeat wasn't bad but no excuses could cover the fact that there was little in the way of guile or go forward up the hill. First time since some bad old days that I left 5 minutes before the end.

All views are acceptable l suppose. When you say we didn't turn up at the kick off, you did notice we were attacking when they intercepted? 

I always stay to the end to applaud them off for the effort put into playing for our club. This felt important to do yesterday. 

When you complain Phil that you would like to know more about injuries, unavailable players etc then you have my sympathy; I like to know these things. 

I cannot complain about the players efforts on the field of play though.  At full strength and given our form I think that we would have been in with a chance of causing an upset. When you can only field seventeen players by including a player who retired some years ago then you can bet your bottom dollar that some of the seventeen are also carrying niggles that make them less effective.  At least one player looked to be limping during the warm up. We clearly missed the cutting edge that Hall and Hooley have been providing and perhaps the toughness that Browny (and Tonks) provide but given the limitations of the side they worked really hard and put up a good show in my opinion 

12 hours ago, phildog said:

the missed training session would be going through moves for next days game so preperation for game severely hampered and how many of the 15 that played last week were carrying knocks but put their hand up to play when with full squad would have been rested and 1 of the 17 not played since 2018.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

4 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

the missed training session would be going through moves for next days game so preperation for game severely hampered and how many of the 15 that played last week were carrying knocks but put their hand up to play when with full squad would have been rested and 1 of the 17 not played since 2018.

Correct

missed a captain’s run which is the most important session of anyone’s preparation of a game week 

3/4 year ago that would of been 50/60 points+ 

under lingard we won’t see that as he’s coached us better for the best

9 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Correct

missed a captain’s run which is the most important session of anyone’s preparation of a game week 

3/4 year ago that would of been 50/60 points+ 

under lingard we won’t see that as he’s coached us better for the best

People go on about how good Ford has been as a coach at York, Kear at Bradford, etc. but my preference out of the coaches in the championship would have be to be Lingard. I think he has turned you completely around since Diskin was moved on.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Bi11, as I said elsewhere of the 17 who started on Sunday, 15 had been in the 17 at Widnes the week before, Johnson was a returnee, not a body from nowhere, which leaves 1 player never in the set up.

1 hour ago, The Grinder said:

People go on about how good Ford has been as a coach at York, Kear at Bradford, etc. but my preference out of the coaches in the championship would have be to be Lingard. I think he has turned you completely around since Diskin was moved on.

And just think,when we appointed Diskin ,Lingard was also in the frame.Oh why O why...

3 hours ago, phildog said:

Bi11, as I said elsewhere of the 17 who started on Sunday, 15 had been in the 17 at Widnes the week before, Johnson was a returnee, not a body from nowhere, which leaves 1 player never in the set up.

Hall, Buchanan were the players from Widnes in the squad who missed out... 

do you just moan for the sake of moaning 

the club did their best to get you out of the house on a wet Sunday afternoon you’d of just moaned on here about it been off 

1 hour ago, phildog said:

you are missing the point, yes there were 15 playing but who played the week before, BUT who knows how many were carrying injuries but put their hand up to play due to us been short of bodies .

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

On 09/08/2021 at 14:00, phildog said:

Are you for real? 🙄🙄

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

51 minutes ago, phildog said:

Yep. See things from different perceptions.

You must a been going out yer mind when we went on that 12 game losing streak with diskin, I think we have the best team for a lot a years,And if you take note they are ALL playing some tough rugby,must a been some aching bones monday, if we get same for rest a season i will be happy with 2021 season, look around at were we might a been.

UP THE DOGGIES.:kolobok_wild:

Archived