match on sunday

tandle

Looking at the squad there won't be too many changes for this game. I'd personally like Hartley to get a go at right centre but I think for such an important game we'll go for the safe option of Bridge. Would move Ince to right wing as he looks very uncomfortable on the left. I'd move Langtree back to the right hand side where he's been all his career. I'd also go Dupree from the start even though he has been impressive off the bench as we need our best team right from the start.

I've gone D.Abram at stand off but the halves are still our weakest position and could easily be Owen or Charnock at stand off.

I'd go:Green, Ince, Bridge, Roberts, Holcroft, D.Abram, Barran, Kirk, Charnock,Dupree,Langtree,Bent,Reilly. Subs: Nelmes, Fletcher,Pick, Owen. 

Huge game this as a lot of our away games coming up are winnable but we need some confidence and momentum going into those games.

COME ON OLDHAM. BRIAN MAC'S BARMY ARMY.

Still have the same players in key positions who do nothing well ,we do nothing with the ball and our defence is getting worse each week and can someone explain why Hartley a centre who has done well there but who can't catch high balls as we've seen a few times this season is on the wing with Ince a Winger in the centre ? 

First game I've seen for a while and I admit some reports I've had from previous games I've honestly said "really, are we that poor?" wanting to believe we weren't. 

Sadly it was right, we lack confidence, had no go forward and our ball control in the first half was terrible, second half in patches was reasonable and we did well, very much Jekyll and Hyde today. 

The lack of basic skills has shocked me to the core. In the last few years one thing we have had is reasonable ball control,we could catch a ball, pass a ball properly and compete although our game plan was basic,we did complete sets and hold the ball far better defensively and at least the forwards made inroads in attack. 

We can take some positives from the second half, we need to compete for the full 80 if we have any chance of survival. 

Its definitely not looking good, week off then Haven away. Lose that and its curtains I'm afraid. 

Such a positive and uplifting pre season has crumbled. Disappointed in the way this season has panned out is an understatement. 

If we'd have played the 1st half like we did the 2nd half we may not have won. But the scoreline wouldn't have been as damning. The 2nd half wasn't brilliant but the 1st half we wasn't there. Oh and how many times did our players drop the ball in promising positions. 

as i said in a previous post oldham are no way fit enough stands out by a mile.

they lost the ball thirteen times either in the tackle or knocking on, divide that into 80 minutes that averages out at 1 lost ball every 6 miinutes.

then they give away to many penalties  when tackleing bradford players. and kicking the ball full over the dead ball line from a kick off.

well bm will certainly know now whats wrong with oldham, but there is two week break before we play whitehaven.but the main thing to me is get them fit,fitness sharpens the brain.

Just now, fiftiesremembered said:

Defence is the worst problem.Players standing around whilst Bradford players just waltzed in.

has BM resigned yet ???

Bradford missing several first choice players bur we made them look world beaters - which they aint.

Can't see where wins could come from, no matter who is in charge.

That's exactly what my son said, people stood around with their fingers up their wotsits. 

Absolutely horrendous again. Can't tackle, can't pass, can't kick and can't even carry the ball well anymore. A lot of League One teams would give us a good beating in the basics.

Team selection was terrible again but even if we picked the best 17 possible I don't think we've got the spirit in the camp to win another game this season. Abram is terrible and has been nearly every game he's played. Green makes mistakes at full back but offers plenty of threat. Hartley on the wing and Ince at centre was baffling. Charnock back at stand off was a mistake especially as Owen didn't seem fit at all and didn't come back on in the second half. Langtree on the left and then Bridge coming off the bench to play right second row is downright dumb. Bent isn't up to this standard unfortunately. Nelmes has been absolutely appalling and playing him at stand off for the last 10 mins shows how far we've fallen.

Only positive was Dupree who was tremendous. 

Whatever know it all. You really haven’t got a clue. Call yourself a fan.  You post nothing but negative comments about players and your comment are personal not constructive picking on the same players each week.  Disgraceful. 

26 minutes ago, Emmalivo said:

Whatever know it all. You really haven’t got a clue. Call yourself a fan.  You post nothing but negative comments about players and your comment are personal not constructive picking on the same players each week.  Disgraceful. 

Emmaalivo. Sorry Brooksy is spot on. They are not personal attacks but a very good assessment of what was a structureless poor performance. 

Archived