Mike Ford interview

herbie

When Mike Ford started out he practiced often on his own, on the rugby pitch at Churchill Playing Fields Greenfield, with a drag bag of rugby balls then he would join us at football after and he was excellent at that too...Dedicated single minded he put the hours in I was rather in Awe of him at the time and it was no surprise success came his way.

You can call me old school but I would love to see him rebuild ORLFC . Hes in his 60s now i guess....old wine maybe..but I was a winemaker once and the old wine was often the best.

It wasnt the coaching bit that caught my attention.

It was the bit about taking on a project and building from the bottom up. 

Thats exactly whats needed at our club. Clear out from the top and start again

During his time at union I'm sure he's made some very wealthy contacts and probably made a few bob himself.

I think the dream would be him heading up a consortium (including other oldhamers like Terry Flanagan for example) and buying out Hamilton.

Mike Ford to be a head of rugby role or director of Rugby something like that and build the club up.

46 minutes ago, chiefgeneral said:

During his time at union I'm sure he's made some very wealthy contacts and probably made a few bob himself.

I think the dream would be him heading up a consortium (including other oldhamers like Terry Flanagan for example) and buying out Hamilton.

Mike Ford to be a head of rugby role or director of Rugby something like that and build the club up.

I love your second paragraph. 

Archived