Giants and Centurions swap players

"Huddersfield Giants can confirm that they have entered into an agreement with Leigh Centurions for a season long loan for Nathan Peats and Nathan Peteru."

Jack Ashworth gone the other way apparently. 

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

"Huddersfield Giants can confirm that they have entered into an agreement with Leigh Centurions for a season long loan for Nathan Peats and Nathan Peteru."

Yesterday's news , Cunningham should have been part of the deal as well , but doesn't want to lower himself to our level 

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Preparing for life in the Championship 

11 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Beaumont is disappointed a Huddersfield player turned down the chance to join winless bottom club Leigh for the rest of the season. I’m with you Mr Beaumont why the hell did he say NO. 

Cunningham , as I put earlier , his decision , which he is fully entitled to make , hope it pays off and he gets more time in a Giants shirt 

This arrangement seems all rather odd to me. A club seemingly resigned to it's fate "allowing" some of it's players to go on loan to another team struggling in the lower half of SL. 

And in other news, Ken Davy is still temporary SL Chairman.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

8 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

This arrangement seems all rather odd to me. A club seemingly resigned to it's fate "allowing" some of it's players to go on loan to another team struggling in the lower half of SL. 

As Davo pointed out earlier , maybe preparing for next year 

10 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

As Davo pointed out earlier , maybe preparing for next year 

Sorry mate, I have him down as a troll so wouldn't know.

Leigh are freeing up quota spots some additional overseas incoming players since there is seemingly no one available. It should have originally been a 2 for 2 swap including jamea cunnigham but he seems to have pulled out late. I can't say I blame Beaumont for being disappointed about that.

1 hour ago, meast said:

Possibly a better deal for Huddersfield than Leigh?

We shall see, they both bring experience and a bit of pace, and grunt to our depleted ranks.

It certainly is now it's a 2 for 1 swap, but neither Peteru or Peats have been anything more than average.

9 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure of your point/link re. Davy, care to elaborate?

7 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Leigh are freeing up quota spots some additional overseas incoming players since there is seemingly no one available. It should have originally been a 2 for 2 swap including jamea cunnigham but he seems to have pulled out late. I can't say I blame Beaumont for being disappointed about that.

So i guess the overseas players they are bringing in are unattached at the moment and the question is, if they have any sort of ability why are club less?

23 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

So i guess the overseas players they are bringing in are unattached at the moment and the question is, if they have any sort of ability why are club less?

Simple, the quality and numbers of pro, semi pro players in Aus is far far in excess what we can call on over here.

But one phrase I have used for years and it still applies to 99% of antipodeans that arrive on these shores is that they are surplus to the requirements of NRL clubs, and they still need to put a crust on the table.

leigh have 5 home games n wigan away in the next 6 matches.jack ashworth.nene mcdonald.sam stone n a couple of loans as well as some of our better players returning from injury will give us a chance of a few wins n staying up if salfords troubles continue.

9 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

On the one hand, fair play to him for wanting to stay at the Giants and try and change Watto's mind and get into the side, but on the other hand, if he's wanting first team rugby and will get it at Leigh, then why wouldn't he?

Maybe there's other issues?

As for them both being average, maybe Watto feels he or the Giants can get the best out of them?

4 minutes ago, meast said:

On the one hand, fair play to him for wanting to stay at the Giants and try and change Watto's mind and get into the side, but on the other hand, if he's wanting first team rugby and will get it at Leigh, then why wouldn't he?

Maybe there's other issues?

As for them both being average, maybe Watto feels he or the Giants can get the best out of them?

Obvious really , personally I think they're both quite good , shove anybody into a Leigh situation and they aren't going to look world-beaters 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Obvious really , personally I think they're both quite good , shove anybody into a Leigh situation and they aren't going to look world-beaters 

That's it, sometimes players may perform better in a different environment with different people around them, we can all think of players who have been perceived as rubbish who went on to do better elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, meast said:

That's it, sometimes players may perform better in a different environment with different people around them, we can all think of players who have been perceived as rubbish who went on to do better elsewhere.

Not criticising the staff or environment , just the situation and circumstances , doubtful Leigh have had the numbers to put together a coherent week of training since the start of the season after losing over a third of the squad to injury in the first couple of friendlies 

I wish them well unless they are playing against Leigh 

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Not sure of your point/link re. Davy, care to elaborate?

I was being cynical, that's all.

I know we're a relatively small sport and being able to appoint a Chairman who isn't linked to a particular club is difficult but while we have a RFL Chairman, albeit temporary, who is also Chairman of a competing club, then there will be suspicion by some people that a vested interest exists.

Well done to Leigh for making an effort and not just simply accepting their fate. We'll see how the 2 overseas players go but there's not much to lose.

Tony Smith decided not to keep Peteru at Hull KR saying he had been OK but Rovers wanted better than OK. I don't think he'll improve Huddersfield much if at all.

Archived