RL Merchandise in unlikely places

On a similar theme, there’s another video on YouTube of wrestler Val Venus in a shoot interview, wearing a Leeds top.

And of course there’s the Hull KR poster (not quite merch) in the cafe in the classic Only fools and horses episode ‘To Hull and back’.

Seem to also recall a Jon Cusack film back I the 80/90’s where he’s wearing a Kangaroos jersey. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Space 1999 (series 2, episode 8, the Mark of Arcano) Alan Harrison has the matchball from the 1963 GB v Australia test at Swinton with him on moonbase Alpha. His grandad played in the test for real. 1999 was 22 years ago however, so it's now probably lost somewhere in intergalctic space.

10 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Space 1999 (series 2, episode 8, the Mark of Arcano) Alan Harrison has the matchball from the 1963 GB v Australia test at Swinton with him on moonbase Alpha. His grandad played in the test for real. 1999 was 22 years ago however, so it's now probably lost somewhere in intergalctic space.

Here's a screenshot.

QIYV65t.jpg

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sorry to be pedantic,  but it's Alan Carter and The Mark Of Archanon.

Yeah, Space 1999 fan, in this episode an alien father and son are found cryogenically preserved under the moon's surface .

11 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

On a similar theme, there’s another video on YouTube of wrestler Val Venus in a shoot interview, wearing a Leeds top.

And of course there’s the Hull KR poster (not quite merch) in the cafe in the classic Only fools and horses episode ‘To Hull and back’.

Seem to also recall a Jon Cusack film back I the 80/90’s where he’s wearing a Kangaroos jersey. 

Haha!! I had forgotten about that poster in the cafe on only fools and horses.

11 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I have just come across a clip of 1990s ECW Wrestling on YouTube and Jake “the snake” Roberts was wearing an old Wigan away shirt.

Any more examples of RL Merchandise spotted in real life or on TV somewhere you wouldn’t expect it? 

Would be interesting to get the backstory on how Jake “the snake” roberts ended wearing that.

11 hours ago, Liverpool Rover said:

I have just come across a clip of 1990s ECW Wrestling on YouTube and Jake “the snake” Roberts was wearing an old Wigan away shirt.

Any more examples of RL Merchandise spotted in real life or on TV somewhere you wouldn’t expect it? 

Funny how when I saw this thread title, that's immediately what came to mind as I'd just watched that too. 

Cultaholic?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

18 minutes into this episode of Selwyn Froggit with Bill Maynard,  the conversation with the Duke and Selwyn turns to RL ending with Selwyn demonstrating with a cushion as a Rugby ball. 

3 hours ago, EssexRL said:

Me wearing my Skolars top in my local Tesco in Waltham Forest.

Funnily enough I saw a young lad decked out in a muddy Skolars kit in my local Tesco's the other day. In Leytonstone.

Obvs couldn't have showers where he'd come from. Or he was just a grubby so and so.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 11/07/2021 at 11:07, Futtocks said:

Here's a screenshot.

QIYV65t.jpg

What’s the science behind girls needing to wear skimpy clothes in space? All the Space-based TV shows had it that way in the 60s/70s.

Do they even make shows about space today? 

Also - whilst it’s not TV-related - I’ve seen a few RL shirts in the Middle East and Africa. Shirts from the 2000 World Cup. They were obviously given to charity after that disastrous tournament, because I saw one being worn by a Indian labourer in Dubai and another worn by a local in Uganda. 

13 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

What’s the science behind girls needing to wear skimpy clothes in space? All the Space-based TV shows had it that way in the 60s/70s.

Do they even make shows about space today? 

That's a boy on the left, not a girl. Space 1999's women were more modestly-dressed than most series/movies of the time.

The science behind is, of course, box officeology. If Caroline Munro had worn a boiler suit in 'Starcrash' or Jane Fonda did the same in 'Barbarella', I expect the takings would have been down quite a bit.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived