Brid Beach X-League

Not sure if this is the right place for this post. I know there is a TTRL post ongoing but I think this deserves its own post. 

On Saturday 25th September between 1-3pm on South Beach Bridlington. There is a 5v5 XLeague tournament taking place. You can find out more on the event below

The event is open to all and is free to enter however you must be registered to take part either as an individual or team (max 8 players per team) . We do have a charity partner with Bridlington Lifeboat (Part of RNLI) and the Fair play trophy is named after their number 1 lifeboat if you would like to donate (more details to follow soon ) .

It is much more than just than the action on the beach with former pro players invited to attend and mingle and Mascots from Pro clubs also involved to make the day about promoting the sport and community of Rugby League as well as the variant of a form of Touch RL on the beach. We have invites to all community clubs and rep sides such as HMP Crusaders who will be part of the action. If anyone wants to attend but not play there is plenty of space down Brid South Beach and we would welcome Rugby League colours too. The idea is to grow the event over the next few years for it to become in the calendar as a recognised end of community season social. 

https://m.facebook.com/BridBeachXLeague/

IMG_20210709_111618.jpg

52 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Great idea, good luck with it! Please let us know how it develops? 

Thanks alot. Sure will! We have already run articles in the local Brid press which is how we got the lifeboat team in with it and hope that when one event is run people can see the potential and run others too. 

Great Idea, as a resident of a seaside fishing town with two RNLI boats, & a local Coastguard Chopper, I fully support this idea. The people at sea need help occasionally, and we need to support the VOLUNTEER lifeboat personnel who crew these boats.

10 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Great Idea, as a resident of a seaside fishing town with two RNLI boats, & a local Coastguard Chopper, I fully support this idea. The people at sea need help occasionally, and we need to support the VOLUNTEER lifeboat personnel who crew these boats.

Couldn't agree more I fully respect the RNLI and their stories. The bravery shown is incredible 

7 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Great idea and good luck to all involved.

is there much RL activity in Bridlington?

There isn't a team yet although is an Union side. When I have been to Brid I have seen families especially Hull clubs represented on the beach even if just on their jollies definitely a market for it

• 1 month later...

The tournament plans are in full swing with several mens and womens teams entered with predicted close on 150 participants with families and spectators we could see that hit the 200 mark helping the town of Brid and their businesses at this critical time. We are now running the tournament from 12-5pm with referee recruitment well under way all is in place for a successful first tournament. We would welcome any spectators that fancy a day out in Brid to pop down and watch even if it's only for a game whilst you visit the seafront (you will find us harbour side of South Beach) . If you can wear your club colours all the better and let's get Rugby League on the map and some positive news for a change! 

• 2 weeks later...

Establishing our close links to the community has been important we have managed to secure a 20% off deal at a beach front cafe for players and officials. As well as a local sports photographer and the also securing the availability of the Mayor of Bridlington to hand out the event trophies 

Archived