Batley H

Wakefield Ram

Hard to see anything but a defeat. I'm sure the players will show their usual grit and determination and make Batley work for every point. Hope we have more than 17 to choose from. 

Btw what has happened to Knowles field  kicking? He is a very accurate kicker, maybe he should do 6th tackle kicks.

Don’t know what sort of team we’ll have for Thursday night,but to be honest I can’t see anything other than a defeat,hope I’m wrong of course. Seen Batley a couple of times this season and they play some nice rugby. Too good halfbacks playing behind a good pack.

Rams 14 Batley 22

Looking forward to this one,always shows were we are at with our derbys so who knows,i hope we have a couple a key players back for this one,

am going 22-30 to dogs.     is bar open???? at  back  a southstand.

3 hours ago, silverback said:

Looking forward to this one,always shows were we are at with our derbys so who knows,i hope we have a couple a key players back for this one,

am going 22-30 to dogs.     is bar open???? at  back  a southstand.

Yes south stand bar is open.

I will be there in spirit if not in body (my note is on its way).

Not expecting much beyond a committed performance. If only there were more Dewsbury lads in the squad!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 12/07/2021 at 21:12, graham fisher said:

Don’t know what sort of team we’ll have for Thursday night,but to be honest I can’t see anything other than a defeat,hope I’m wrong of course. Seen Batley a couple of times this season and they play some nice rugby. Too good halfbacks playing behind a good pack.

Rams 14 Batley 22

Rams 12. Batley 32 

Don't be so down Rammers, our performances have not been top drawer of late either and we've more than a full squad on various medical tables.  Like you we're looking for a few returning names on the sheet and not just to make enough names to fill the squad list.

Sam Day missing once again and, along with Esslemont, Connor Davies(?) is included in the squad.

Doubt those inclusions will matter though.

Dewsbury 12-30 Batley

FTS: Knowles

MoM: Speakman

Att: 835 (but more if allowed)

Legs, Dews, Legs.

15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Sam Day missing once again and, along with Esselmont, Connor Davies(?) is included in the squad.

Doubt those inclusions will matter though.

Dewsbury 12-30 Batley

FTS: Knowles

MoM: Speakman

Att: 835 (but more if allowed)

Could possibly be the young backrower from Fax Davies but Ive not seen owt from our club. 

This game might be closer than a lot of people are thinking. It sounds like Batley gave Toulouse a game in which case they will have been physically battered by the huge French outfit and will no doubt be tired coming in to this one.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Could possibly be the young backrower from Fax Davies but Ive not seen owt from our club. 

This game might be closer than a lot of people are thinking. It sounds like Batley gave Toulouse a game in which case they will have been physically battered by the huge French outfit and will no doubt be tired coming in to this one.

Connor Davies is a Welsh hooker at your club, with his (twin?) brother, also a hooker, if you believe a certain website.

Batley may have worked hard to run Toulouse pretty close, but I think the opposite to you and they will be raring to go against a weak Dewsbury side. Bartley’s half backs will control the game.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Connor Davies is a Welsh hooker at your club, with his (twin?) brother, also a hooker, if you believe a certain website.

That's correct. Twin brother Curtis played against Haven at the weekend. He will fill a shirt for you if its him.

Don't forget if you can't be there you can hear the game live on HWD Hospital Radio tonight. 

Find us at https://hwdhospitalradio.com/player.shtml on your laptop, phone, tablet or smart speaker (Alexa.. Play HWD Hospital Radio).

Martin Sharpe & Kaine Hall start all the fun and games from 7pm with the kick off at 7:30.

It's (almost) like being there 🙂

LISTEN.jpg

26 minutes ago, Commentator said:

Don't forget if you can't be there you can hear the game live on HWD Hospital Radio tonight. 

Find us at https://hwdhospitalradio.com/player.shtml on your laptop, phone, tablet or smart speaker (Alexa.. Play HWD Hospital Radio).

Martin Sharpe & Kaine Hall start all the fun and games from 7pm with the kick off at 7:30.

It's (almost) like being there 🙂

LISTEN.jpg

I’ll be there tonight, but listening to you as well. I wonder if we will both see the game the same way?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

On 13/07/2021 at 23:48, Keep The Faith said:

I’d make you lot favourites a few injuries in our squad... I’d be giving us 4 start if I was the  bookies 

Stick with your day job, ktf. Doggies by two scores at least.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Any news on Sykes, Walton, Butterworth, Day, Tomlinson?

Sykes, Tomlinson and Day in the 21.

6 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Stick with your day job, ktf. Doggies by two scores at least.

Wow I think you and coolie could do better job than Sykes and Finn after tonight’s performance 

i thought we’d struggle without brown or Lillycrop impact from the bench... 

well done to the youngsters who take been spoken to about effort by a senior players as ###### behind the sticks 

Too easy I'm afraid and we looked tired first half I thought but second half you were dismissal. Time for a clear out I reckon for next season as it looks like York and Swinton will save you from the drop 😉

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

18 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I’ll be there tonight, but listening to you as well. I wonder if we will both see the game the same way?

Couldn’t get the broadcast; I was constantly directed to BBC Radio Humberside!

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Dews were better side in first half IMO and when we got sucked in again for the 2nd try I thought 'game on'. Sykes' field kicking was much better than anything we put up, we kicked too deep and rarely had a follow up. Game changed for me when a) Leaky grabbed the game and shook it hard and b)  Blagborough came back on and your forwards faded at the same time. As a Dogs man it saddens me when Dews don't do well as it's better for the HW area to have 2 buoyant teams. I see lots of you calling for Lee to go, but who's around to replace him? Same with players...as Craig Lingard said last week, the game has no direction, nobody knows where they'll be in 2022, what money they'll. We're the same, rumours abound about approaches to such as Gilmore. Hooley and Hall and we can't nip in first because we've nothing to offer either. Two or 3 clubs in great financial positions, we know who they are, are in pole position to take advantage of this and strip other clubs. That might turn out worse for us than you but who knows? Where are clubs like ours going to find players to replace such as Gilmore, Sykes and Finn when we can't go to them with acceptable terms?

Archived