Match thread: 1895 Cup final at Wembley. Featherstone v York Saturday 17th July

marklaspalmas

12 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Martin Vickers has revealed on Radio Leeds that Webbo is one of the people who has tested positive. Says 1 or 2 tests either way could be difference between being able to fulfil fixture or not.

HE also said at this present time we can field a team

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully the test results will go your way it would be such a shame for players of both clubs to miss out on Wembley and the fans too. 

Both clubs hopefully still do have a chance to put themselves on the big stage and prove there is life outside super league contrary to what many in super league think.

If you can’t raise a team then what happens to the game? Hopefully will be rearranged but it’s not going to be at Wembley and unfortunately I think this scenario is going to be more and more common as everything is opened up.

Anyway fingers crossed for you even though your most likely beat us if you can raise a team.

I can see the sense in Dagger playing but no chance at all of any players from the finalists being allowed on even want to

15 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

let dagger play , and borrow a couple of saints or cas non playing members to get the go ahead , providing the rfl see that as common sense

I'd sooner go with what we have..... if we have a squad fit and ready to go that is.

This game is a jolly up

1st Aug way more important, to me at least.

.Sorry Robin this is very selfish. some speccies are looking forward to a weekend in London. and it aint cheap

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

let dagger play , and borrow a couple of saints or cas non playing members to get the go ahead , providing the rfl see that as common sense

I feel for those that may lose their hard earned money but if we can't raise a team so be it - irrespective of anyones views on covid.   Not sure if the suggestions of borrowing players are serious or not ?  But surely we have maintain a degree of professionalism and ffs let's not give Cas even more reason to take the p*ss.

27 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

I feel for those that may lose their hard earned money but if we can't raise a team so be it - irrespective of anyones views on covid.   Not sure if the suggestions of borrowing players are serious or not ?  But surely we have maintain a degree of professionalism and ffs let's not give Cas even more reason to take the p*ss.

Game is on👍

11 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I'd sooner go with what we have..... if we have a squad fit and ready to go that is.

This game is a jolly up

1st Aug way more important, to me at least.

TO be fair R

TO on YORKSHIRE DAY  is more about bragging rights   grand final way more important, to me at least.😀

2 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

GF is the big one. 1st Aug gives us home advantage though I'm never averse to a French jolly up.

That's true R and it would be nice to send them home to La Ville Rose

with their tails between their legs

Archived