Fri 16 Jul: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Discuss this week's Betfred League 1 games here.

FRIDAY 16th JULY
Coventry Bears v Keighley Cougars KO 20:00
London Skolars v Doncaster RLFC KO 19:00

Keighley 

Skolars

Fairly comfortable win for the Bears who shouldn't have let Cougars in for a late final try that made the scoreline closer than it should have been. Ir wasn't a game that will live long in the memory though with muddled refereeing and both sides making too many mistakes.

So happy that we've now got to the stage where I can find something to moan about when we beat a Heartlands team.

Keighley didn’t deserve to be that close, I don’t think they could complete their dinner never mind a set of 6 with their best player being 18 year old QLT Jr. 

Outmuscled , out enthused with this side to side rugby non effective if you decide to not do the hard yards in the middle.

Well done Bears.

Can't quite believe I am saying this but last night was what you would call a routine win. Keighley hammered Barrow last time out but couldn't cope with the Bears pack at all. Bears smashed them in the middle and completely dominated throughout. 

I have to say though QLTs son is some player. At 18 he was probably the best player on the pitch. He's absolutely going to play at the highest level one day. 

To add to my last comments just been reading through Keighley fans comments on social media. The absolute disgust at losing to 'a team like Coventry' is hilarious. Do they realise that Coventry have already beaten them in previous seasons. And do they realise Coventry have got a very good side this year!! Maybe they should sack the coach. That seems to be the usual course of action after losing to 'a team like Coventry' 

1 hour ago, OriginalMrC said:

To add to my last comments just been reading through Keighley fans comments on social media. The absolute disgust at losing to 'a team like Coventry' is hilarious. Do they realise that Coventry have already beaten them in previous seasons. And do they realise Coventry have got a very good side this year!! Maybe they should sack the coach. That seems to be the usual course of action after losing to 'a team like Coventry' 

I'm going to stick up for my fellow Keighley fans here, I think it's perfectly reasonable to be disappointed at going from battering the league leaders to being outplayed by the team in 8th in the space of a week. Of course it's possible to say that without coming across as patronising or sore losers but emotions run high after a loss.

Archived