Fri 16 Jul: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Wigan Warriors KO 19:45

Who will win?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 16/07/21 at 19:15

Depleted Wigan to do a quick double over lowly, poor performing Huddersfield 

or

Lowly, poor performing Huddersfield to take revenge on a depeleted Wigan side?

It would be nice for us to have at least 1 half-back available though i doubt it, so we will be probably going with a 2nd row in the halves again unless Watto trusts Will Pryce, our Academy side haven't got a game this weekend so i would imagine a few of those will be on standby for this.

We gave them a decent run at the weekend before running out of steam so who knows.

Not sure if they have anyone back this week but i'm sure it will be a stronger squad than we can rustle up.

Don't know if Wigan have anyone back but Jackson Hastings has just been given a one match ban. Greenwood will be missing for Hudds as he's got a three match ban. I do think that will affect Wigan more than Hudds.

Difficult to see anything but a Hudds win as Watson is a good coach who can get the best out of the players he has. Wigan have Lam as coach who is a poor coach and can't get any of his players to play to their potential.

16 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Don't know if Wigan have anyone back but Jackson Hastings has just been given a one match ban. Greenwood will be missing for Hudds as he's got a three match ban. I do think that will affect Wigan more than Hudds.

Difficult to see anything but a Hudds win as Watson is a good coach who can get the best out of the players he has. Wigan have Lam as coach who is a poor coach and can't get any of his players to play to their potential.

Greenwood missing is probably a plus, he's been a terrible signing so far and i think this is his 3rd suspension already.

although he did ok on Sunday.

One of the side effects of some teams playing more games than others is that if you play actual games you pick up injuries and suspensions.

The ideal position for Wigan would be to take a couple of weeks off, and get some of the walking wounded back. 

The first win is always the hardest when coming off a losing run, so I would back us to find a way to win another v ugly game. 

6 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

One of the side effects of some teams playing more games than others is that if you play actual games you pick up injuries and suspensions.

The ideal position for Wigan would be to take a couple of weeks off, and get some of the walking wounded back. 

The first win is always the hardest when coming off a losing run, so I would back us to find a way to win another v ugly game. 

I suggest from both teams that every time they feel like a rest then a player should roll away off the touchline and cry he has a broken leg or a stiff neck.  The game will get stopped... maybe they can take it in turns.

48 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

You mean the coach that got Wigan to the GF and finished top of table.  

The very same.

His team were desperately unlucky to lose the GF in 2020.

I hear that he has lost the dressing room in 2021.

Wigan have not won one big game during his tenure, beginning with the WCC in 2019.

Mitch Clark scores as soft a try as you will see to open the scoring.

Hudds 0 Pies 6.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

BIFF!!!

Hudds 0 Pies 8.

50 mins gone.

Hudds get on the scoreboard with a try from Will Pryce.

And his dad commentates as well.

Hudds 6 Pies 8.

19 mins plus left.

Terrific try involving Gildart and Farrell who scores his 100th SL try.

Hudds 6 Pies 14.

Peteru in under the sticks with 7 mins left.

Hudds 12 Pies 14.

Couple of poor errors from Hudds end their hopes.

Hudds 12 Pies 14 full tarm.

1 hour ago, Wigan Riversider said:

The very same.

His team were desperately unlucky to lose the GF in 2020.

I hear that he has lost the dressing room in 2021.

Wigan have not won one big game during his tenure, beginning with the WCC in 2019.

St. Helens in the league.

I'm not sure it's fair to say there are any "poor" coaches in Super League.   But everyone seems to want to moan at their coaches, not long ago Catalan fellow travellers were saying what a poor coach McNamera was.

It was a good arm wrestle between 2 fairly evenly matched teams, ultimately, Wigan had just enough extra little bit of class and know how to get them over the line.

We are playing well, but we're just that few % short and lack a bit of extra something in the final third.

Without some of the big names, we look like a proper team, all trying and pulling together as one, far too late though unfortunately, but we are competing and giving it a go which I'm pleased about.

Archived