Sat 17 Jul: 1895 Cup Final: Featherstone Rovers v York City Knights KO 12:00 (BBC Sport)

Who will win?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • York City Knights by 1 to 6 points
    • York City Knights by 7 to 12 points
    • York City Knights by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/21 at 11:30

7 hours ago, Stirlin said:

Strange. It doesn't show those two heroic tackles by Keiran Dixon on Gareth Gale!

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

A load of positive cases at Fev threatening the game, allegedly. Surely clubs will just loan players for a week to get the game completed?

Why? I think a lot of clubs will be using the week off to rest and repair and kick on for the second half of the season

The issues at Fev has been injuries so far, but they’ve managed as they have a large decent squad

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Why? I think a lot of clubs will be using the week off to rest and repair and kick on for the second half of the season

The issues at Fev has been injuries so far, but they’ve managed as they have a large decent squad

To get the game completed so that the schedule isn’t messed around with and that both clubs travelling parties get the game they were promised. Carter at Wakefield mentioned integrity, this would be a case of that.

Clubs have fringe players. Saints sent two to Salford last week. I dare say we have another couple who could theoretically play this weekend and I’m sure other top clubs are probably in the same boat. 

Just now, Hela Wigmen said:

To get the game completed so that the schedule isn’t messed around with and that both clubs travelling parties get the game they were promised. 

Clubs have fringe players. Saints sent two to Salford last week. I dare say we have another couple who could theoretically play this weekend and I’m sure other top clubs are probably in the same boat. 

Clubs are selfish though. 

33 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

To get the game completed so that the schedule isn’t messed around with and that both clubs travelling parties get the game they were promised. Carter at Wakefield mentioned integrity, this would be a case of that.

They'd need to break the competition rules to do that. I'm not saying there isn't a precedent - the Championship Shield final between Fev and Leigh is a recent example - but loanees Will Dagger for Fev and Corey Johnson for York are currently not allowed to play because they were signed after the deadline.

7 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

They'd need to break the competition rules to do that. I'm not saying there isn't a precedent - the Championship Shield final between Fev and Leigh is a recent example - but loanees Will Dagger for Fev and Corey Johnson for York are currently not allowed to play because they were signed after the deadline.

They’ve relaxed the 21 man squad rules, they need to relax others to ensure it goes ahead really. 

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

Clubs are selfish though. 

So are fans.

Not that they'd want any from London but I'd not want any of our players being loaned so Featherstone can have a go at winning a trophy.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So are fans.

Not that they'd want any from London but I'd not want any of our players being loaned so Featherstone can have a go at winning a trophy.

Yep. With Fev’s disregard for Covid regulations against Bately. It’s hardly surprising they’ve ended up like this. I doubt anybody will be helping them out

33 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yep. With Fev’s disregard for Covid regulations against Bately. It’s hardly surprising they’ve ended up like this. I doubt anybody will be helping them out

Nice bit of bait there, wonder if you'll get any bites? 🎣

If the 1895 game is called off, will the tickets still allow access into the stadium?

Alternatively will the cup be awarded to Toulouse 24-0

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

If the 1895 game is called off, will the tickets still allow access into the stadium?

Will Toulouse play another game ?

24 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Featherstone CEO Martin Vickers has confirmed that coach James Webster is one of the Featherstone contingent to have tested positive.

I can't see this game going, ahead. 

I feel very sorry for everyone involved. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

On 13/07/2021 at 11:25, RayCee said:

As long as it's not 24-0. Too many cancellations this year already. 😉

I said it somewhat tongue in cheek, but now looks reality. Really sorry for all affected.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

6 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I can't see this game going, ahead. 

I feel very sorry for everyone involved. 

If the game was being played tonight FEV could field a team but they have to follow RFL protocol and get everybody retested tonight before  they can list a squad  for saturday and  Fev have not trained for the last 10 days barring the Captain's run so   those at the club who  have recently tested positive won't have had much contact with the rest of the squad.

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Yes, but you can apply for a refund and not use your tickets if you no longer wish to go. As per the RFL a few hours ago.

Archived