Sat 17 Jul: 1895 Cup Final: Featherstone Rovers v York City Knights KO 12:00 (BBC Sport)

Who will win?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Featherstone Rovers by 13 points or more
    • Featherstone Rovers by 7 to 12 points
    • Featherstone Rovers by 1 to 6 points
    • York City Knights by 1 to 6 points
    • York City Knights by 7 to 12 points
    • York City Knights by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/07/21 at 11:30

Difficult to predict what might now be caled the COVID cup. In normal circumstances, you would say Featherstone Rovers would win and you have to feel for players such as Frankie Halton who are missing out on playing at Wembley.

So things have been evened up here and I would hope for a good curtain raiser to the Challenge Cup.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Difficult to predict what might now be caled the COVID cup. In normal circumstances, you would say Featherstone Rovers would win and you have to feel for players such as Frankie Halton who are missing out on playing at Wembley.

So things have been evened up here and I would hope for a good curtain raiser to the Challenge Cup.

Boot's on the other foot now , try feeling for Riley dean , Ryan Atkins liam salter , Jordan baldwinson , James green, Joe porter , Brendan o, Hagan  Etc , plus if any fail this mornings tests ,  up the fantastic kneets😀😀😀

On our way down this morning and really looking forward to it. After all the doubts regarding the game it is great that it is on for everyone connected to both Clubs. A real shame that players from both sides are having to miss the match, but hopefully both sides will put on a good show. 

9 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

SKY BET have changed odds from YORK+ 20 to YORK + 10 🤣

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Boot's on the other foot now , try feeling for Riley dean , Ryan Atkins liam salter , Jordan baldwinson , James green, Joe porter , Brendan o, Hagan  Etc , plus if any fail this mornings tests ,  up the fantastic kneets😀😀😀

Look on the brightside  all may get to play there next year😀😀😀

6 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Its being shown on bbc iplayer, BBC sport website and the red button. Coverage starts at 11.50.

Cheers THG.  I will have to let the wife work out who the murderer is on the Brokenwood Mysteries whilst I grab a beer and watch the match.

46 minutes ago, dkw said:

Thought this was supposed to start at 11.45 on the red button?

The BBC usually post a time 5 minutes earlier than the actual start of the stream. Not actually a bad idea, as it gives you time to get ready and make sure everything's working, especially if your internet connection needs a reboot (as mine did).

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

The BBC usually post a time 5 minutes earlier than the actual start of the stream. Not actually a bad idea, as it gives you time to get ready and make sure everything's working, especially if your internet connection needs a reboot (as mine did).

That's probably why their generic BBC Sport holding screen is animated, so you can check that you're not stuck in Buffering Hell. 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived