Team for Wembley

HaxbyKnight

According to the Press, O'Hagan will miss Wembley, and Marsh and Kirmond are very doubtful. Marsh is obviously a big miss, it's not every year players get a chance to play at the National Stadium, and if any York player deserves to play there, Matty Marsh does.

Kris Brining should be available, so maybe Johnson could partner Dean at half back.

12 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

According to the Press, O'Hagan will miss Wembley, and Marsh and Kirmond are very doubtful. Marsh is obviously a big miss, it's not every year players get a chance to play at the National Stadium, and if any York player deserves to play there, Matty Marsh does.

Kris Brining should be available, so maybe Johnson could partner Dean at half back.

Surely Johnson's not eligible? Signing deadline was Friday 28th May, before the semi final.

35 minutes ago, Silverlight said:

Anyone know the reason for Marsh’s omission?. I thought he missed the last 2 matches due to covid isolation. How could he have picked up an injury whilst isolating?.

Probably sprained his wrist

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

4 hours ago, spanishknight said:

No Marsh, then give Harrison a game.

Miles did not put a foot wrong against Wigan , very safe from all the bombs Wigan put up , we need Kieran for his goalkicking and mazy runs but he is no full back......and switch wings with Perry , Pez knows Gale and is a better match up than Kieran.

On 13/07/2021 at 13:46, Stirlin said:

Miles did not put a foot wrong against Wigan , very safe from all the bombs Wigan put up , we need Kieran for his goalkicking and mazy runs but he is no full back......and switch wings with Perry , Pez knows Gale and is a better match up than Kieran.

It's Myles, not miles.

3 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Fev announce a full squad for Saturday. 

It's possible, but saying that whilst quoting smoke and mirrors is a strange implication given the statement this morning came from the RFL and that they themselves deemed that the entire squad should have an additional round of PCR tests this evening.

It also depends on what you mean by "a full squad". The implication seems to be from the RFL's press release that the number of players who have not tested positive so far would be sufficient to form a workable squad, unless they are relying on players who have tested positive via a lateral flow test to return a negative PCR test. As it stands now we don't have any information on how many players have tested positive (and bear in mind Webster last week said he had 12 players unavailable, though most of those would have been down to injury rather than Covid).

Hopefully we'll get the news tomorrow morning that sufficient players have tested negative with their PCRs tonight for the game to go ahead.

Marsh, Bass, K.Dixon, R. Dixon, Jubb, Teanby, Clarkson, Scott, Cuthbertson, Brining, Stock, Kirmond, Spears, Whiteley, BJB, Towse, Harrison, Warren, Washbrook, Nikau, Lewis.

Noticeable omissions: Riley Dean, Salter or Atkins. Not sure if they are isolating or been dropped. 

16 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Marsh, Bass, K.Dixon, R. Dixon, Jubb, Teanby, Clarkson, Scott, Cuthbertson, Brining, Stock, Kirmond, Spears, Whiteley, BJB, Towse, Harrison, Warren, Washbrook, Nikau, Lewis.

Noticeable omissions: Riley Dean, Salter or Atkins. Not sure if they are isolating or been dropped. 

If I listed our Noticeable omissions I would be here all day🤣

We'ave only been able to name 18 which includes  a young lad who's played once another who's played twice  one yet to debut and jake sweeting who's also played once 

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Doubt they've been dropped. Baldwinson and Green missing as well. 

1 hour ago, POR said:

We'ave only been able to name 18 which includes  a young lad who's played once another who's played twice  one yet to debut and jake sweeting who's also played once 

Thoughts and prayers during these difficult times for your club x 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

2 hours ago, POR said:

Well 3 of York’s squad have only played a game each. But less of ‘my dad has played less games than your dad’ hopefully it just evens it out a bit. Fev will quite rightly start as favourites, will just be nice if York can give them a game. 

33 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Doubt they've been dropped. Baldwinson and Green missing as well. 

I’d expect so. 

As for our lineup. I hope we don’t see any experiments with players woefully out of position.

I wonder if we’ll see Marsh in the halves with Lewis then one from Harrison/Dixon at fullback. Or stick with Washbrook there (he’s been ‘ok’) and Marsh in his best position at FB. Centre is a tough one - Nikau hasn’t played there since our match against Oldham, and I’d prefer to see him in the forwards. Maybe Bass and Kirmond? Both are fairly good defenders.

11 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Well 3 of York’s squad have only played a game each. But less of ‘my dad has played less games than your dad’ hopefully it just evens it out a bit. Fev will quite rightly start as favourites, will just be nice if York can give them a game. 

Well 3 of York’s squad have only played a game each.But your three are in a squad of 21 so could miss out  at least three of ours will be playing  but that's not a moan they are all ex academy internationals and are all good players and when they have played they have all stood up to the job so Iv'e got no worries about their inclusion I was merely letting anyone  know who was interested the makeup of our squad

if York can give them a game.  sky bet have now changed odds from york +20 to york +10 

32 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Favourites don't always win - we know that lol.

Archived