help!

2 hours ago, Sstollery said:

I have a marist northern rugby shirt but can't find anywhere where its from, what team or era it relates to, nothing at all. Would be grateful if somebody could give me some information on it. Thanks, cant upload the picture as its too big, it's a green and white shirt sponsored by trax tavern 3/4 sleeves. 

Hi Sstollery, Marist means  'A member of a Roman Catholic organizations named after the Virgin Mary.' There are a few rugby clubs, league and union, called Marist. A quick Google shows there is a now defunct 'Marist Northern rugby league club' that used to play in the Wellington league in New Zealand. There is also a Trax Tavern in Wellington, NZ. Hope this helps.

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

2 hours ago, Sstollery said:

I have a marist northern rugby shirt but can't find anywhere where its from, what team or era it relates to, nothing at all. Would be grateful if somebody could give me some information on it. Thanks, cant upload the picture as its too big, it's a green and white shirt sponsored by trax tavern 3/4 sleeves. 

Marist Northern were a club from Wellington, New Zealand. I played for Marist for a couple seasons as a teenager and couple seasons as an adult, They were based in the Northern Suburbs of Wellington, the home ground was In the Northern Wellington suburb of Grenada North (Near Tawa). In the 1980's - 1990's a large number of there players and supporters were railways workers, so obviously link up to jersey sponsor Trax tavern a bar inside Wellington Railways Station. 

Archived