Players names, predictive text, programme misprints and random ones.

Rob Myler from the 90s appeared on the Sheffield Eagles programme listed for Wire as Robmy Ler. 

That's just his name now as far as I'm concerned. 

Dunno why that always stuck in my mind. 

Wigan put out a team selector thing for fans this year with Tony Clubb listed as Tony Chubb.

I also remember a quiz that appeared on the BBC RL website (about 2 years ago IIRC) where almost all of the answers had unintentionally been spelled wrongly by the compiler so that to have it recognise your answer as correct you had to make the same error. Some examples were Yestin Harris (Iestyn Harris), James Lows (Lowes) and Adrian Vowels (Vowles). Once I had noticed their habit of making errors the challenge came in thinking of just how they had got each one wrong.

On 13/07/2021 at 18:12, Mumby Magic said:

Just messaged my dad to say I saw Sonny Nickle in passing. Predictive came out as Sonny Buckle. I know Jodie Broughton keeps getting called Buchanan on official team sheets. Must be a tonne of these.

Come on, MM, we have left the EU - "...a ton of these", surely; or was it changed from what you wrote by that predictive text thingy?

Archived