Michael Carter calls it as it is!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, meast said:

Is the space key broken or aren't paragraphs a thing anymore?

Dreadful to read

Paragraphs are a thing still, yes. I think it's down to unfortunate formatting on the web platform they use.

Also still "things" are a comma after "broken", and a full stop after "read".

2/10 Must try harder.

1 minute ago, meast said:

Dreadful to read

You know what it's like when you type in a temper?

Can't argue with his points regarding our game v Saints though, not really because of Wembley more to do with the extra effort the club now has to make to fulfill our next fixture.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

So why hasn't the referee been suspended ? I did not see the game but Carter states non of the incidents were spotted at the time by the match officials. They obviously failed to do their job correctly if they missed three incidents that were serious enough to warrant one game suspensions.

13 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

So why hasn't the referee been suspended ? I did not see the game but Carter states non of the incidents were spotted at the time by the match officials. They obviously failed to do their job correctly if they missed three incidents that were serious enough to warrant one game suspensions.

Carter is of the opinion that some of the incidents were not foul play, e,g, his view that the saints player; "Sione goes to pressure a kicker like is seen in every single game. No complaints from the kicker who bounces back up and plays on. No complaints from us as a Club."

I guess I would have to see the incident to agree or not but if he is correct then it is harsh to miss CCF for something that is normal play in other games.

2 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

He's every right to have an opinion, but to publish it the way he has is what I would expect from an amateur club.

Not one from a so called Super League team. 

Cheap shots.

Poor form.

I suspect he's fed up of raising issues through the official channels, only to be ignored, time after time.

He's had enough, it seems.

12 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

He's every right to have an opinion, but to publish it the way he has is what I would expect from an amateur club.

Not one from a so called Super League team. 

Cheap shots.

Poor form.

He's standing up for his players and others. It's about time someone started questioning the goings on at the RFL. Expect a fine for him and silence from those in power.

What did he really expect to get out of that anyway? Does he like handing money over to The RFL? It’s also a horribly written story with very little relevance to much at all but penned to get in a swipe at his clubs rivals. If that was written on here, most people would laugh at its many errors. 

I seem to remember,not too long ago,both Carter and Hudgell,getting involved with the Disciplinary,after they had certain complaints.

The in-fighting and whinging is becoming a tad tedious - particularly when played out in public.

Found it - https://www.rugby-league.com/article/51747/on-field-disciplinary-changes-for-

So inconsistencies remain.Possibly more pressing matters for the whole sport at the moment. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

Just now, Eddie said:

I was with him until the ‘this club refuses to put a price on integrity line’, when their price is 1/11th of TWP’s TV money. 

How about when he had lads on furlough who had to turn to other forms of employment to pay the bills? Integrity when it suits. 

1 hour ago, Hela Wigmen said:

What did he really expect to get out of that anyway? Does he like handing money over to The RFL? It’s also a horribly written story with very little relevance to much at all but penned to get in a swipe at his clubs rivals. If that was written on here, most people would laugh at its many errors. 

It's amateur hour.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

When you see fixtures postponed etc,the people who run the game threatening sanctions, clubs struggling to field a team, injuries and the effects of covid it seems illogical that the disciplinary is carrying on as if this were a normal season, but if they don't club doctors will complain and if they do chairman will criticise.

Now you might have a strong opinion on all that but it will just add to the silliness of the situation our sport finds itself in at the moment.

We're all in a bad place at the moment and all these things reflect that.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, dboy said:

I suspect he's fed up of raising issues through the official channels, only to be ignored, time after time.

He's had enough, it seems.

Perhaps he's had enough, but now he's just made matters worse.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

2 hours ago, Bod said:

He's standing up for his players and others. It's about time someone started questioning the goings on at the RFL. Expect a fine for him and silence from those in power.

Chairman have been questioning the RFL for sometime, hence why "Super League" took control. 

Now look what happened,

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

3 hours ago, meast said:

Dreadful to read

No.  I read it ok.  Seems coherent.  And clearly there is next to no integrity in the disciplinary panel. 

I am not sure if this happens but here is a suggestion. When the match disciplinary team run through the games, the officials from said game are also present. When they spot a possible offence, the officials are asked to explain their take on the incident at the time. For instance if the referee was aware of the incident and from his position on the field states no action was warranted that should be the end of the matter. His decision at the time should stand. However if he did not realise the serious of the incident and it was something he clearly missed ,then fair enough the pannel should have the power to make a decision.

Archived