NRL Match Thread Round 18 2021

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late News: Two Eels players rested

Mitchell Moses has been rested following Wednesday night’s Origin loss, with Jakob Arthur to lead the high-flying Eels as they take on the Gold Coast Titans.

Moses earned a long-awaited Origin debut for the Blues earlier this week, but has been given the night off by coach Brad Arthur.

The halfback was cut one hour before kick-off and will watch from the stands alongside fellow NSW representative Junior Paulo.

Parra are running roughshod over the Titans.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Titans 0:20 Eels at HT.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Half time.... Titans 6 Parramatta

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Titans 0:20 Eels at HT.

16 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Parra are running roughshod over the Titans.

Match was opened up after Proctor sent to the bin after a dangerous tackle. Parra scored 14 points during his time off. Matterson having a wow of a game with his opposite Fifita taken off before HT. 

62min: Brian Kelly try. Comeback is on, after Brimson left the field with face/head-type injury.

Herbert offline with the kick,

Titans  4  -  26

21 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Fogarty off with wrist injury? The towel around the hand usually means dislocated finger.

Compound fracture of a finger. Not nice.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Full Time - Titans 8:26 Eels, with a very late consolation try overturned.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Manly Sea Eagles vs St George Illawarra Dragons at Cbus Super Stadium, 8.05pm

Sea Eagles team: 5. Reuben Garrick 2. Jason Saab 3. Brad Parker 4. Morgan Harper 18. Moses Suli 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Martin Taupau 11. Haumole Olakau’atu 12. Josh Schuster 13. Sean Keppie

14. Dylan Walker 15. Karl Lawton 16. Kurt De Luis 17. Toafofoa Sipley

19. Tevita Funa 21. Cade Cust

Players cut: 1. Tom Trbojevic 20. Jack Gosiewski

Late Mail: Superstar fullback Tom Trbojevic will be rested after lining up for the Blues on Wednesday night, while skipper Daly Cherry-Evans is expected to back up from Origin. Reuben Garrick will shift to fullback, Brad Parker will likely go onto a wing and Moses Suli will move into the centres.

Dragons team: 1. Tyrell Sloan 2. Cody Ramsey 3. Jack Bird 4. Brayden Wiliame 5. Gerard Beale 6. Corey Norman 7. Ben Hunt 8. Blake Lawrie 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Jack de Belin 11. Josh Kerr 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jackson Ford

14. Poasa Faamausili 15. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown 16. Josh Mcguire 17. Billy Burns

18. Adam Clune 19. Jaiyden Hunt

Players cut: 20. Talatau Amone 21. Jayden Sullivan

Late Mail: Dragons coach Anthony Griffin expects his Origin duo, Ben Hunt and Tariq Sims, to play. “They’re obviously sore but they’re both OK,” he said on Thursday. Meanwhile, Matt Dufty, Tyrell Fuimaono and Kaide Ellis will serve their one-game suspensions following the biosecurity breach in early July. Griffin said he’ll aim for three to four of the 12 players to serve their suspensions each game over the next two to four-week period. “We’re just going from game to game and if we can average three or four (players) over the period, well knock them all over,” he said. “We just picked a team that we’re confident will still give us a chance of winning the game and guys like (Tyrell) Sloan from bigger picture get another opportunity to play in the NRL.”

Tyrell Sloan finishes off a good break. Converted for MAN 0:6 SGI.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Olakau’atu try.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived