NRL Match Thread Round 18 2021

Almost a spectacular try on the hooter for the Sea Eagles, but it is Manly 12:14 St George at HT.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manly open the second half with a beauty of a try!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Manly 18:14 St George

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Did anyone catch the breaking Broncos news that was touted for the HT show? I didn't. I wonder if it was important.

Billy Walters is joining his dad at the Broncos.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Billy Walters is joining his dad at the Broncos.

That'll turn the Broncos around. A 27-year-old who has only played 10 first-grade games.

1 minute ago, Farmduck said:

That'll turn the Broncos around. A 27-year-old who has only played 10 first-grade games.

Also a tacit admission that Kevin Walters' job is safe at least 'til next season.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice work by Sloan to set that try up.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

FT

32-18 Manly

Score Summary

M. Harper 13H. Olakau'atu 19K. Foran 41C. Cust 48B. Parker 60 Tries T. Sloan 7J. McGuire 25G. Beale 73
R. Garrick 15R. Garrick 21R. Garrick 43R. Garrick 49R. Garrick 61 Conversions J. Bird 9J. Bird 26
R. Garrick 77 Penalty Goals J. Bird 33

Dessie is building a good team there when they can play better in the first halves of games. I don't expect them to be Grand Finalist's this season but if he can keep them all together and fit next year could be special, and how good is Schuster? He's a beast who seems to have all the skills, use him right and he could destroy teams, with TT backing him up there will be rich pickings down that side.

tha8lrfsxgngefi33ahf.gifFdn4ILI.jpg

SATURDAY

North Queensland Cowboys vs Roosters at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, 3pm

Cowboys team: 3. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Kyle Feldt 19. Javid Bowen 4. Connelly Lemuelu 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Scott Drinkwater 7. Tom Dearden 8. Francis Molo 9. Reece Robson 10. Jordan McLean 11. Shane Wright 12. Mitchell Dunn 13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Jake Granville 15. Tom Gilbert 16. Coen Hess 17. Peter Hola

18thman: 21. Daejarn Asi

Players cut: 1. Valentine Holmes 22. Kane Bradley 18. Lachlan Burr 20. Ben Condon

Late Mail: The Cowboys will be without star fullback Valentine Holmes after he suffered a shoulder injury in Origin III. Javid Bowen has been named as his replacement, with Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow shifting to fullback.

Roosters team: 4. Joseph Manu2. Daniel Tupou 3. Josh Morris 19. Billy Smith 5. Matt Ikuvalu 6. Drew Hutchison 7. Sam Walker 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Sam Verrills 10. Isaac Liu 15. Nat Butcher 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Victor Radley

14. Lachlan Lam 11. Angus Crichton 16. Egan Butcher 17. Fletcher Baker

18thman: 20. Adam Keighran

Players cut: 1. James Tedesco 21. Tukupa Hau Tapuha 18. Ben Thomas

Late Mail: James Tedesco will be rested after his Origin campaign, but teammate Angus Crichton will play. Joey Manu moves to fullback and Billy Smith comes in to play his second game for the year. Angus Crichton starts on the bench.

Referee: Ashley Klein

2 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

39min: Manu try. Walker missed the kick

HT:   Roosters 14   Cows  12

Taumalolo comes off around 7 mins before HT and Sydney score 10 points. Don't know why Walker continues as their goal kicker as he sprays them all over the place - his season's success rate is not much more than 50 %.

11 minutes ago, George Watt said:

Taumalolo comes off around 7 mins before HT and Sydney score 10 points. Don't know why Walker continues as their goal kicker as he sprays them all over the place - his season's success rate is not much more than 50 %.

Yes, I didn't want to point out the Taumalolo fact because it's become so clear over the last few weeks. They've got Keighran as a possible goal-kicker but they don't seem to want him as #14

Archived