Twitch Stream: Wigan Warriors v York City Knights

Last Monday`s Bradford/Wakefield game was another highly enjoyable watch.

Unfortunately the injuries Trinity picked up led to them defaulting this weekend`s game with Saints. Huddersfield were also unable to field a team against Leeds.

Everybody should be philosophical about this. It`s an abiding conundrum of amateur RL. If a club runs a bigger squad, then incur few injuries, it means several players get little game time and wish they were somewhere else. If a club runs a smaller squad, then incur many injuries, sometimes they have to default. Happens everywhere in the RL world.

Eventually all WSL clubs might be able to set up efficient feeder-club systems, but at the moment occasional defaults are unavoidable.

Missed the first half because I was watching 'Secrets of the London Underground'. Looks like I didn't miss a lot, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just dipped back into the second half and literally within 30 seconds the ref has imagined 2 phantom knock-ons. Although judging from some of the first-half calls, one of them might have been a phantom forward pass. Either way it should have been play-on.

Somebody needs to take this bloke to one side and encourage him to let the players play the game. At the moment he`s doing his utmost to ruin it.

Archived