Swinton home this Sunday

georgeb1

This is where the battle begins , Wembley was an improvement in effort and skills , these next few games are crucial to make sure we stay in the championship and build for next season , us the Fan's were great at Wembley but we need all of you present for the rest of the season , we've done it tough this year but so have many others , let's get the job done York loud and proud 😀😀😀

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crucial game this one. I thought in the 1895 semi their halves, centres and wingers outplayed ours. Obviously most players will raise their game at Wembley but there’s no reason why they can’t go into Sunday’s game with a bit of confidence and belief. 

Like I said on Facebook despite the poor form fans are still turning up, clapping them on, cheering. I’ve been at clubs where at 22-2 down (like against Newcastle the other week) the players would start being booed and there’d be chants of ‘wtf is going on.’ It’s different here, we are a supportive bunch at York, let’s get behind them again Sunday and pick up a much needed 2 points.

Huge game for us on Sunday. Thought there were some good signs with ball in hand v Fev. Hopefully we can take that into the Swinton game and come away with two points that could go a long way in securing out Championship status. 

Fingers crossed we can start strong and get the first score then the confidence might come back. We’ve just got to support the lads Sunday and I’m sure we all will. Fingers crossed for a decent performance and two points. 

Be interesting to see squad selection, a few back from injuries and others back from self isolating. 

In Fordy we trust.

Omwards and upwards. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

Tough game this one I think Swinton are better than the league says they move the ball around very well with both halfbacks and Doyle coming into the line at every opportunity.

We need a good start and hopefully build confidence it’s been a long time since we built a lead hopefully we can on Sunday and kick on.

Finally hoping that covid does not affect our team selection nor any teams and we can get a full strength team out.

My verdict is a entertaining win but any win would do right now.

1 hour ago, Roger York said:

We need a good start and hopefully build confidence it’s been a long time since we built a lead hopefully we can on Sunday and kick on.

That’s really key for me, last time we scored 1st in a league match was in our win at Widnes which IMO was one of our better performances. 7 league games in a row where we’ve conceded first. We don’t actually play that bad early on we just don’t seem to build enough pressure to get over the line then suddenly we are 6-0 down. Hopefully a good start with us really getting behind them Sunday. 

22 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I only expect Marsh back from the 'isolators' this week, I think the others will still be in their isolation period. Johnson should be available, so him and Lewis can play in the halves, leaving Marsh to play full back. At least, that's a start. 

That all depends HK Frankie halton came out of isolation sunday before cup final but still missed out because of something called  7-day return to play protocol 

32 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

I hope Covid doesn't ruin the game. I understand there's a lot of it about. Testing at training tonight will be interesting. Fingers crossed.

Doncaster  rochdale and warrington all got covid so games called off 

Does anyone understand the info about season ticket holders who bought unreserved seats for this season?

‘Other season ticket holders who purchased unallocated seating season tickets will be able to sit in any of the unallocated seating blocks. Those blocks are EA, EB, EC, EG, EH and EI.’

I’ve got my tickets for this Sunday which has a seat/row number on. Does this mean I ignore the seat numbers on the tickets and can sit anywhere in those blocks, and can sit with mates just like we used to do at Bootham? Or does it mean I still have to sit in the seat number on the tickets?

It’s been a long day and the info doesn’t seem clear to me! 🙃

18 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Does anyone understand the info about season ticket holders who bought unreserved seats for this season?

‘Other season ticket holders who purchased unallocated seating season tickets will be able to sit in any of the unallocated seating blocks. Those blocks are EA, EB, EC, EG, EH and EI.’

I’ve got my tickets for this Sunday which has a seat/row number on. Does this mean I ignore the seat numbers on the tickets and can sit anywhere in those blocks, and can sit with mates just like we used to do at Bootham? Or does it mean I still have to sit in the seat number on the tickets?

I think it means you can choose your seat from any of those blocks when you book your ticket I don’t think you will be able to move around but I’m not 100% sure what the situation is now we are out of lockdown. 

1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

Yes you can sit where you like within those blocks , and yes if your first choice is not to your liking you can move to another seat within those blocks .😀😀😀

2 hours ago, POR said:

That all depends HK Frankie halton came out of isolation sunday before cup final but still missed out because of something called  7-day return to play protocol 

Marshy has been out for 21 days now , Frankie hasn't.😀😀😀

11 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Marshy has been out for 21 days now , Frankie hasn't.😀😀😀

"21 days  on tuesday G  so by my reckoning saturday would have been his 18th day which means he's sat through all the covid protocols isolation and 7 day return to play unlike frankie who was sat on 16 days  so by your calculations he was fit to play which then  begs the question why didn't he  

1 hour ago, POR said:

"21 days  on tuesday G  so by my reckoning saturday would have been his 18th day which means he's sat through all the covid protocols isolation and 7 day return to play unlike frankie who was sat on 16 days  so by your calculations he was fit to play which then  begs the question why didn't he  

could have tested positive

15 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Yes you can sit where you like within those blocks , and yes if your first choice is not to your liking you can move to another seat within those blocks .😀😀😀

Ey, hands off my seat, boys. 😆

1 hour ago, andyacko said:

Ey, hands off my seat, boys. 😆

I think if we all sit in block EG and shout our heads off, Andy should hear us quite clearly.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 minute ago, Acasterknight said:

Anyone else having problem getting their tickets, bought them two days ago and not yet received them.

We were having problems,but received them last night

Huge game on Sunday. Restrictions lifted, a massive two points up for grabs.  Time to get this championship season back under way. Oh, and the opportunity to welcome back the 1895 finalists. Up the Knights. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Archived